I will never buy one!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Kia, All Discussion of the Kia Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 02:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I will never buy one!!!

Im sure all vehicles have their bad day in a crash but I have seen more of these when they roll over than I want to look at.. Compair that to Jeep Cherokes that hold up very well.. Stay with American made.. You may live longer..

I found these shots on http://www.copartfinder.com/ and I found two things on their site.. What vehicles look like and how they hold up after a crash, and a good source of getting stock used parts..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.TBRS.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 12:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I will never buy one!!!

I am not trying to be rude. How can you judge just one photo and say they are all unsafe? Look at the Ford Explorer with their tires. Seems to me, that I seen Fords look like that. I seen many other car wrecks like that Kia, it does not matter if is is an American or an import.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 02:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is that what happens when they go off-road?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 03:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

SLEEZ: I dont think this one even went off road.. Look at the tires... He would have gotten stuck at the shoulder of the road..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

PIAA: Umm, I posted more than one pic.. One vehicle yes.. But this one scared me the most.. Go and search the site.. (also see one I posted on the JEEP Mid size list..) I did look at the Exploders.. I counted a few that could have been tire failures but still as far as structure integrity none crumpled this bad.. I did not see them all for the SUV line.. The site does give a good random example of what happens in an accident in a ton of vehicles.. All my intentions where is to bring light to this site and show what happens to some of these vehicles out there.. $hit, I drive a 94 S-10 (no air bag).. Go look at them.. That scares the bijezes out of me.. Oh yea, im raised 7" over the traffic anyway..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Time for a cab cage..
I purchased a 99 Jeep Cherokee for my wife and after seeing all the ones on that site im glad I did.. They looked like they could hold up to some serious rollovers.. That KIA did not.. Didn't check the MB line.. Like the commercial tho "Staying Alive"!!!
I dont really know what happened to that KIA.. Looked ugly and I dont think anyone survived.. Im sure there are just as many Jeeps, Fords, Chevy, Hondas, and Toyotas out there that have done the same.. It all comes down to the driver, and how that person is behind the wheel.. Could have been tired, or had a beer to many, looked over to change the radio station, a cow flew by in a tornado.. Whatever!!! I saw in the site a few people not getting home.. Yea lets make a deal on a bumper and a few other parts.. What the site was intended for.. But I just want to say take it easy, get home safe..

Oh and BTW that's why I dont drive Dorfs.. I mean Fords. They picked Michelin for their replacements.. Ohh boy, here we go again.. I don’t buy an Import because I support my country..
All this is a personal opinion and thanks PIAA for suggesting I explain myself a bit more.. I don’t mean to sound biased but then again we are all in a way..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.TBRS.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 01:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 07:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

AAAAAAAAH YEAH!!!!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 11:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

P;ease remember ..the Major FACT...it's the nit-wit behind the wheel ...all SUV are unsafe if you drive them like a complete dip****..sorry about the lanuage..but I could roll my s-10 Blazer like that if I used no commin sence..

PS i still like them

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 02:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with Mr WeaZle on everything but buying imports, I own a totally American made vehicle but I have many friends who drive "imports" made in the U.S.- Nissan, Toyota, Mazda. In todays global market you can't go by old standards intermingling of different car makers/nations has blurred the line. I support any automaker who employs U.S. workers and supplies. Even US auto makers such as GM and Ford import parts from Mexico and Canada and with the advent of NAFTA even have factorys in these countries (a true U.S. auto?) Even the venerable Jeep is owned by those fun loving Aryans at Daimler. Anyway I had to put in my 5 cents worth. Oh yeah, buy a KIA if you have a death wish and wanna support a true Foreign (korean) automaker. We all know what Kia stands for right?
Kills Innocents Always

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 02:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

BTW Superbubba quit living up to your moniker!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 02:31 AM
Keyboard Implanted

POST DELETED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode