body lift - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Kia, All Discussion of the Kia Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 04:48 PM
97TRAKIN

Re: body lift

truckwolrd.com has a nice pic of a body lifted Kia.
On a different note. I own a 1997 GeoTracker/SuzukiSidekick
I have no problem with Kia's and I think that they closely resemble the Tracker/Sidekick.
All you people that have a problem with Kia's should not even be here. If you have such a problem with Kia's why are you hanging around this board. Oh by the way, I'm ASE certified (BODY,SUSPENSION,& DRIVETRAIN.) and I have yet to see a unibody Kia SUV...
When you haters retaliate and I know you will, get your facts straight and leave your ignorance out of here!..

Thank you. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Keyboard Implanted

You'll notice most of these posters are long gone, no profiles, nada..
post #23 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 08:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok, i'm confused, do you like the Sportage or not? mines the one in the second post , click on the link and that's me crawlin' a water fall at the Den in San Antonio. i have beat my Sportage up all over Texas and it's still alive. it's got a ladder frame and yes, a body lift, 1.5" for now, but as soon as i get a drill bit or 2 it'll be a 3" body lift. my suspension lift is supposed to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 4" but it has sagged badly because i don't believe Valley Spring Works makes very good coils, but that's just my opinion. once i get some new coils, i'll be able to run 35's, right now, i run 32's with only very slight rubbing at full turn and full compression. as far as power goes, yes, we could all use more power couldn't we, but the fact of the matter is that if you were willing to take your Sportage engine apart and use a few Mazda parts, you could get up to 200-ish horsepower easy, just swap pistons, crank &amp; rods along with a few other things. look i don't come here enough to give a sh#t, but you guys that are just here to slam the Sportage, take a good long look at your rig, if you even have one, and tell me, how many times have you broken on the trail? are your tires overcompensation for lack of driving skill? do you really have any experience with a Kia? i seriously doubt it by a lot of the remarks that have been left here. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] <font color="red">
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 08:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

that's mine by the way.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 08:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

wow, there's actually somebody here? that was odd, i've never seen a response to anything i've written here until like months later. thanks for the quickness. i like trackers and sidekicks too, but damn, calmini just costs sooooo much and Rocky Road hasn't got the best equipment either. i was thinking, rather than immediately swapping a straight axle under one, why not drop the front a-arms with the Procomp kit, use calmini a-arms, oldman emu coils and Rocky Road spacers for about a 6-8" lift on a tracker? i don't know, just thinking. about the Sportage, i'm starting a business in about a week that will likely be called Rocksport or something like that where i will be building everything from suspension lifts to bumpers and rocker guards for the Sportage as well as roof baskets, jerry can holders, etc. etc. etc. they will be sold relatively cheap, way the hell cheaper than calmini, but they won't look quite as pretty either.

dave [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #26 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I make a Kia body lift kit (and have for over a year):

Kia Sportage body lift info

Current lift is 1.375" using stock hardware. Also working on a 3" lift kit with extended mounting bolts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode