question about kia's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Kia, All

Kia, All Discussion of the Kia Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2002, 11:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Sparty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question about kia\'s

i have to say that i was never really a sportage fan (sorry guys) but now i see the new sorento. what is the difference between the sportage and the sorento.....would it be worth buying and building up? thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Mud in my Veins

AJMBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question about kia\'s

Kia vehicles are good stuff. Most people down them without knowing that the Sportage shares most of it's running gear and the basics of it's design with the South Korean Army's "jeep type" 4x4. Considering their basic situation with their Commie Northern brothers, their stuff is pretty good. Kia also makes direct copies of the US Military deuce and a half and 5 ton 6x6 trucks and the 1960's M715 Kaiser truck.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Now lifting them and playing with them? There is stuff available, but it's few and far in between. Not downing on Kia's here, but personally I'd go for a Suzuki Vitara/Grand Vitara or a Geo Tracker. Same basic vehicle setup and design, only parts and mods are more common and available. That said, I've seen more than enough evidence that Kia's 4x4 pretty well.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Who's interested in a small 4x4?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-25-2002, 08:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like the Suzuki, it is a great vehicle and there is after market for it. Still, the Kia rides berrer off and on road. I feel the Kia is sturdier and more solid, naturally, heavier as well. The Suzuki is a great car, but Kia is good as well and for the price, you can't knock it.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorento is a larger vehicle. It has more power and a smoother ride. It uses more gas as well, but if that's not a problem with you, I'd go for it. I had an Explorer and after test driving the Sorento, I really appreciate whak Kia has done with this vehicle. I stick to the Sportage because of weight (lighter) and gas milleage(4 cilinders). Another reason I stick with the Sportage is parts in the junk yard.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 AM

superfly is on a distinguished road

Might be a late entry here but I hope this post can help someone atleast

Basically the sorento and the sportage have almost the same engine> here are some specs -

Sorento engine specs -

Compression Ratio: 10.50
Displacement: 144 Cu.in.
Engine Configuration: Inline
Horse Power: 175 Hp
Max RPM: 6,000 RPM
Max Torque RPM: 3,750 RPM
Size: 2.4 L
Torque: 169 Lb.-ft.

Sportage -
Compression Ratio: 10.50
Displacement: 144 Cu.in.
Engine Configuration: Inline
Horse Power: 176 Hp
Max RPM: 6,000 RPM
Max Torque RPM: 4,000 RPM
Size: 2.4 L
Torque: 168 Lb.-ft.

as you can see that the engine specs are almost the same but the Torque that sportage offers is more than sorento. This can come useful if you are doing a lot of off roading. City driving wise i think the Sportage is a better suited car as it has a better mileage and better city handling.

The dimensions and interior are also more or less the same but the sorento has a slightly higher wheel base. Honestly you wont notice a huge difference in both the cars unless you take test them on rugged conditions.

Hope this helps

Complete specs here - Mark Kia

http://www.markkia.com/vehicle/specs/kia/sportage/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.