This Is Ridiculous - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Kia, All Discussion of the Kia Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 05:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This Is Ridiculous

hello, my name is dave. i own a 95 Kia Sportage with 4" suspension lift, 1.5" body lift, 32x11.5-15 Mud Kings, LSD rear, Warn manual hubs, rockrails, steel front and rear bumpers (mounted to a true steel frame), etc. i have crawled the toughest trails in Texas with the people in numerous off-road clubs, including my own, SATX4X4. i have never broken an axleshaft, never twisted a driveshaft, never broke a CV, never peeled a diff cover off (because they are third members), never flipped or rolled (almost once, my fault, offroad, reversing), i have gone through water at least 3-3.5' deep, i have climbed waterfalls with 2' ledges at 45 degree angles, i have crawled through rock piles with 30" boulders, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc. what do you damn fullsizers want, a freaking brownie button! i've towed my friend Kris' fullsize bronco with 6" lift and 35's out of 2' deep mud ruts. my KIA will go anywhere any of you go, any day. by the way, if you wanna see, meet us in Moab 14th 15th & 16th of June. sons a b............'s

dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: This Is Ridiculous

ok, maybe the photo will post now........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 733566-cerebus 144 small.jpg (44.5 KB, 141 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 09:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

good, worked, finally.

dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 09:25 AM
slam

Nice Kia, looks like that thing could wheel pretty good. Who makes the lift for them things?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 10:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Eibach makes a 2" kit, but i got mine made by Valley Spring Works before i knew about the Eiback kit. Valley's springs suck, they have already sagged pretty bad in the front mostly, but that could be because i go 'wheelin' almost every weekend and i trimmed the front bumpstops down an inch and removed my sway-bar completely (more movement puts more work-stress on springs, wearing them out). i also cut the upper strut mount to allow 1" more droop, which may also have contributed to the sagging, but oh, well, i found some coil spacers from Rubicon Express that sorta fit, so i put those in and got about 4" total now. i made the 1.5" body lift by cutting Performance Accessories 3" blocks in half (the bolt is welded inside a cup that is welded to the underside of the body and is only long enough for 1.5"), but a guy that makes Toyota stuff makes blocks for Kias now, his name is Roger Brown and his company is called 4crawler, he has a website, but i don't know what it is. thanks for the compliment, it does quite well off-road.

dave
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 02:40 PM
Enthusiast

Nice Kia, I havent seen one that worked except for Rally Racing. Here is Roger Browns page. http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/4Runner.shtml
I drive a Toy myself and have used many of his tips on there. He has a wealth of knowledge and will answer any question you have. Good luck.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 04:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, why so pissed? There is always going to be critics no matter the brand. I'm not bashing you, but I am curious on how your truck does seeing how the engine isn't exactly a powerhouse? Is it all about gearing them correctly? I know it takes some good power to get out of sticky mud, even then it will still take anybody down.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

so pissed because it's time to get over it! to get past this brand-crap. i bought my Sportage in '96, it's a '95 and ever since that day, i've been getting crap about it mostly from the owners of fullsize rigs and anything that says "jeep" on it (except for these very cool guys at Grand Slam West in Moab, it's a gathering of Grand Cherokees). it does very well off road, but agreed, power is an issue. it has pretty low gears, but i would like lower ones, only, nobody makes any. the axles are 4.78:1, the t-case is 1.98:1 and the auto tranny 1st gear is (i think) around 2.94:1, which is not a bad ratio, but when you add tires that are 5 inches taller and a limited slip rear, the drivetrain gets a little strained. there is a new supercharger coming out for Jeeps and i'm going to check fitment for my Sportage when i get the chance. until then, a K&N and Dynomax Superturbo will have to do.

dave
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 03:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

here we go again.

dave
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Who cares what they say? Other opinions are often over-rated, so just ignore the nay sayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode