1967 Jeepster - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeepster-American Jeepster Club Please also visit our club web site for more information at http://www.americanjeepsterclub.org/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

1967 Jeepster

I am looking to purchase a 67 jeepster convertible i have found online. It doesn't look like the others I see online as the top goes all the way to the rear. I am assuming this to be a Austre model then right? Also when ordering a top would I just get one that designed for a model with the opening tail gate? What would be a good ball park price to pay? It is suppose to be running and I will automatically figure will be needing floor pans like any 40 yr old car does. Thanks for the help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3E33K53J65Ef5Fe5J7catab96bd4ac5ff14dc.jpg (37.6 KB, 16 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Apprentice

I think the 8702 is the Austere model.Check vin,should have 8702 at the beginning.Mine is the model you have I think.
Question,does the canvas on your top attach to the frame where the quarter window drops down?Does the canvas go between weather stripping and frame at that point?Trying to install new top and have noyhing to compare with.

69/72 Jeepster,401,soa,twin stick
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Old Hand

It does have the "austere' top on it but some of it looks like the 'deluxe'....and yes, as '72' says, check the VIN.
The deluxe was an 8701 and austere 8702.
the deluxe had the continental rear bumper and the short fiberglass trunk deck with a sealed tailgate.
The aluminum trim moulding on the sides was normally used on the deluxe 8701.
I have an 8701 Deluxe nearing completion after a 10 year restoration...no jokes...

Dan
' 67 8701 Deluxe

JEEPSTERS and their Owners - dedicated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 04:25 PM

The Jeepster Convertible "austere" (model 8702) wasn't available until 1968 so if this is a 1967 year then it's most likely an 8701 model. It also has the two tone paint job and the austere model did not. The austure model top came to the rear of the bumper like the one you show in the picture whereas the 8701 did not. Check the VIN #. If it starts with 8702 then you know it's an austere model (8702) and can order the correct convertible top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode