Jeepster Conversion - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeepster-American Jeepster Club

Jeepster-American Jeepster Club Please also visit our club web site for more information at http://www.americanjeepsterclub.org/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
willygoat

Cool Jeepster Conversion

I am a newbie, and very curious about successful conversion to 4 wheel drive of an loder (1949) Jeepster. It has the 6 cylinder engine and I have a donor willys pickup truck with 4 wheel drive am I kidding myself about it maybe being "simple" willygoat
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

clffhnger is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen a few in the magazines. Most of the guys take the body off the Jeepster and put it onto the other 4wd vehicles frame. Much less adapting and welding to do it that way.
68 Jeepster Vert
68 Jeepster 1/2 Cab
69 Jeepster Vert
70 Jeepster parts vehicle
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Pooh-Bah

Jeepster Jim is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen several conversions with the older W.O.Jeepster body being placed on another running gear. The '50's p.u. and may be the wagon, frame is nearly a bolt up from what I have been told. If my feeble memory is correct, the rear body mount will have to be altered a little to make the W.O. Jeepster body fit.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Addict

Truckzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

With enough time, money and knowledge you can do almost anything to a vehicle. But have you considered upgrading to a 67 - 71 Jeepster to start with. They have a much better four wheeler look to them and it is already a four wheel drive vehicle that can go out the first day (assuming its not a box of parts) and play and then the fun begins to upgrade to what you want it to be. Besides those late 40's early 50's Jeepsters look much cooler sittin down in the weeds.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:10 PM
willysworker

You are. The truck frame is wrong. I swapped a wagon body on a '79 Cherokee chassis. Jeepster would be about the same. A lot of work. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2451568
Sponsored Links
Advertisement