Jeepster body on Commando frame? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeepster-American Jeepster Club

Jeepster-American Jeepster Club Please also visit our club web site for more information at http://www.americanjeepsterclub.org/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2004, 09:03 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Randyzzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jeepster body on Commando frame?

I seem to remember seeing someone had put a Jeepster body on a Commando frame. Who was it? Is there a write-up? I think the only problem area would be the front grille mount, am I correct? How about the motor mount position in relation to the firewall?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2004, 09:21 PM
moabjeepster

Default Re: Jeepster body on Commando frame?

is it the yellow one with the postal grill? I think someone was talking about it in the thread about the jeepster/s-10 hybrid(the big nose one). [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-09-2004, 09:27 PM
moabjeepster

the big nose
His screen name is fljeepsboy...
Old 05-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Old Hand

Mr. Fast Bucks is an unknown quantity at this point

The tubs are the same size. It's the front where everything gets different. Here is a 73(?) Commando that came with a Jeepster tub from the factory. Apparently they had some extra Jeepster tubs back then and didn't won't them to go to waste.

Mad John's Commando from the 2002 Jeepster Jam.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:42 PM
moabjeepster

it not in flyboys post so don't waste your time searching there. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2004, 09:52 PM
moabjeepster

this is the Jeepster I was thinking of. who's is it?
Old 05-09-2004, 10:00 PM

I guess I should explain....I have my 73 Commando that I have put alot of work into...the frame, that is.Alcan springs, shackle reversal, rear frame and crossmember boxed, all unneeded holes welded shut, MORE mounts for a Chev, ect, ect... But, the body is, well, shot. Actually, some of the partsters/junksters look better than mine. There is no rust, but the PO cut out the rear fenderwells, parts of the interior bracing, and drilled a lot of 1/8" holes everywhere. Not unfixable, but... no near completion date. So...I just had the opportunity to purchase a nice running 70 Jeepster-225, TH400, Ross steering, ect. The body is in great shape, and it runs and drives. So, of course, I bought it. Both finances and my wife [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] dictate that I have only 1 "extra project" at a time, so something has to go. I am going to keep the 70...but I want the Saginaw steering, the 2" wide springs, ect. Should I just upgrade the 70 frame to accept saginaw steering and better springs, or should I swap the Commando frame in and then sell or part out the Commando? I hate the idea of parting the Commando, I hope someone would want it whole. It has a good title, it's even currently registered!

The best news is, I will probably be able to drive a Jeepster to the Northwest meet this summer!!!
Old 05-09-2004, 10:02 PM

That's Aaron's. I have a pic of it under the glass at my desk at work...
Old 05-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Addict

jerryrig is an unknown quantity at this point

My 1970 Jeepster came with Saginaw and wide springs up front. I thought 70 was when they started this?
Old 05-10-2004, 12:37 PM

Jerry, I wish I was that lucky...I'm just happy that I will finally have one that I can drive!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement