PICTURES OF MY JEEPSTER BUILD UP..AGAIN - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeepster-American Jeepster Club

Jeepster-American Jeepster Club Please also visit our club web site for more information at http://www.americanjeepsterclub.org/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2002, 09:02 PM
Pooh-Bah

Jeepster Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PICTURES OF MY JEEPSTER BUILD UP..AGAIN

Here are some pictures of my Jeepster build up. Hopefully this web site won't block viewers out like the other site did. Just click on the link below. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

web page
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2002, 09:16 PM
Addict

michael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PICTURES OF MY JEEPSTER BUILD UP..AGAIN

Hey Jim, I like the shock setup for the rear. Now I understand what you were talking about with the rear shocks. Your Jeepster and mine are going to be Sister vehicles in suspension setups, thanks to your advice on how to set mine up. When they're done we'll have to do a family photo (since we have the same camera too [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
I'd like to come up and hang out some Sat. afternoon in January if you're up to it.
Cheers,
Michael
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast

dbricco is an unknown quantity at this point

Now thats awsome!! That body is very nice...I can't see any rust anywhere. I like the spare rolling chassis for a body dolly.

Old 12-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

NoBucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, very nice Jim, very clean. Now I understand what a frame-off buildup should be! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2002, 10:37 PM
Old Hand

dan01ster is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim, that chassis is BEAUTIFUL. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] You guys down south are so lucky to have rust-free steel ( or ANY steel). Even after blasting, mine didn't look THAT good. What have you got in mind for external body colour? [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 11:09 PM
Pooh-Bah

Come on up and visit. All you guys are welcome!!!
Old 12-20-2002, 11:13 PM
Pooh-Bah

Only real rust was on the passenger floor bloard area where the seat bolts down. After getting that area down to bare metal I ended up with 2 holes the size of a tooth pick. I treat the whole Jeepster with por-15 metal ready which why you see streaks in the metal. Great Stuff!
Old 12-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Pooh-Bah

I have been tossing what color to use for some time know. Started off wanting to paint it Petty Red but not sure now. I like the Indain Ceramic color too....very different. Does anyone have pics of a Jeep that color? I have only seen one. Also have been looking at the old Jeepster colors as well. Willys had a Emerald Green that I would like to see a pictire of.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted

clffhnger is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you keeping the inner shocks as well as the outers? It looks as if the inners need one of the ends turned or it will want to bind up. I got around that by mounting a stud at one end, perpendicular to the plane of the other end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 976317-rearshockmnt.jpg (60.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-20-2002, 11:46 PM
Pooh-Bah

I do plan on runnig inner and outer shocks. When light to medium 4-wheeling I will only disconnect the say bar links but when rock climbing (Rubicon) the out shocks will come off along with the disconnecting the sway bar links. You may be right on the inner shock binding though I thought I set it up very close to a waggie shock set up. Easy to change over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement