WIPEBOY wiper kits - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2001, 05:38 PM
Journeyman

bandon2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WIPEBOY wiper kits

Does anyone know anything about this WIPEBOY wiper kit? I was out west a few weeks ago and tried to stop by. They are located in silver saddle Arizona. But I couldnt find it on any maps. They were featured in Oct. 4 wheel drive & sport utility magazine. But it didnt say much. The web site is http://www.riptech.net/
I called them but got some guys answering machine. Just thought Id check with the board before I send off $150. to some town that doesnt exist.
thanks

91 wrangler 4.0 SOA,All borla,jet chip,rancho 9000s in cab random tech, M.O.R.E. steering kit, K&N, accel coil,sloted drilled rotors,four wheel disc, add a leaf,wrangler dual bat in cab optimas,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2001, 06:48 PM
Way Outta Control

LEVE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WIPEBOY wiper kits

The product is quite new, within the last 4 months. I like the idea and will pop for a pair someday. It's on my upgrade list. But I'll not pay the $150 for a pair. I don't need, want or like billet aluminum. That's to fancy/nancy for me. I'll be pay the $19.95 for the basic CJ kit.

There was a thread over on JeepsUnlimited about on YJ owner who purchased a set and was displeased with the instructions. That's the only thing I've heard about them, good or bad.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-15-2001, 09:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Smokngun is an unknown quantity at this point

I probably should have posted when I got mine. I bought the $19.95 "kit" which was a new wiper motor arm (the little arm that attaches to the wiper motor) and instructions. With this kit you bend your original wiper arms to a full scale template that is supplied. Also you have to buy new blades (10" for the pass side, 12" for the drivers side) otherwise the original 11'er on the pass side will go off the window because of the new bend in the arm.

I didn't find the instructions dificult at all. You just have to read them and not try to just follow the pic's. I sent a couple e-mails with questions about the product and got nearly instant replies! Very nice guy running the show. I would higly recomend them for someone who doesen't want the wiper blades in their field of view while driving. I don't have any pic's of them on my Jeep yet, but they are unnoticable while you are driving!

Here is a pic from Riptech's web page.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
Old 11-16-2001, 01:14 PM
Journeyman

bandon2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys I checked out the Jeeps Unlimited site and learned a lot. Still trying to decide.

91 wrangler 4.0 SOA,All borla,jet chip,rancho 9000s in cab random tech, M.O.R.E. steering kit, K&N, accel coil,sloted drilled rotors,four wheel disc, add a leaf,wrangler dual bat in cab optimas,
Old 11-16-2001, 05:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

bandon2 do you have the right url I did a search and cannot find this site?

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
Old 11-17-2001, 10:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Steelerfan, just click on LEVE's picture, he's got it set up to go straight to the site.

Is there anything to this other than bending the arms?
I've been toying with doing that but I'm not sure if the wipers will still go far enough to wipe in front of my face.

'88 Sahara, 4.2 that runs. The rest is getting there![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2001, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Am I missing something here?? $160.00 for wipers!!
The only advantages I see according to the webpage are 33% for wiped area and they are less visible when not in use...
Do they at least hold to the glass better than Stock?

<font color=red>84 CJ7 / 258 / weber </font color=red> in the <font color=green> Green Mountain State </font color=green>
just empty every pocket??!!...oh man am I gonna need more pockets [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement