Value of a '58 Jeep Willys - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2001, 09:33 AM
Addict

fratt77CJ7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Value of a \'58 Jeep Willys

Just ran across a '58 Jeep Willy's Pickup truck. It has been sitting next to a gas station for 4-5 months. Guy says a friend of his had it in his barn and now just wants to get rid of it. It has the original (I think) flat head six cylinder, is 4wd and suppossedly original 29K miles. It has the typical body rot in the rockers, etc. The shop owner says he had it running when he moved it to his station but it had not been run since. Any ideas as to what this thing might be worth? He is asking $1500. That is a little outside what I have to spend but I do like the looks of it. Thanks,

rich
77cj7304QtracTH400, 31" BFG AT's, TFI upgrade
79cj7frame,ready to be built
83cj7inpieces, parts Jeep
"They can take my guns, but they'll have to take them bullets first."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2001, 10:54 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Olin18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Value of a \'58 Jeep Willys

Rich, let me tell you that is a find. Just a fantastic rig. I understand not having a lot of money on hand, and 1500 for a truck that hasn't run in months is a little much, I would try and talk him down. I tell you what if I came across a truck like that I would be all over it. What a great project that would make.
YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE.

91 YJ swaped in 4.0L 2 inch lift. (work in progress)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-07-2001, 11:07 AM
Way Outta Control

LEVE is on a distinguished road

If it's as advertised it's worth the money.... unless you factor in the amount of the the settelment and the fee for the attorney who handles the divorce.

Old 08-07-2001, 02:56 PM
I Do This For The Glory

JEEPN is an unknown quantity at this point

I can get you five Willys trucks, all in various stages of disarray, an early CJ-5 with hard top and PTO winch (not a lot of rust) with a burnt valve, and a '42 MB in so-so shape up here, guy wants $2K for them all. He's adamant about taking them all though, no pieces and parts. You could build a few complete jeeps out of them all.

Look around that willys truck more, if the rot is worse than you thought, don't get it. $1,500 is borderline for something like that.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Old 08-08-2001, 03:28 PM
Addict

fratt77CJ7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all, I appreciate the input. I wish I'd had my digital cam w/me but it was up in northern CT near my inlaws place and I was heading back home that afternoon. Anyway, Larry hit the nail on the head w/the divorce lawyer comment. I mentioned it to my wife and by her look you could already add about $50K for lawyers plus all the alimony/child support and the total cost of that Willy's would be up in the 100's of thousands. And that's before I'd even get it to run. Anyway, I passed on it for now, but will be checking on it when I get up that way again. It had been sitting there since at least the spring and did not even have a sign on it. I just went in and asked about it out of curiosity. If I do get up there again soon I will try and take some pics. Maybe I can butter my wife up a bit before we make the next trip. But she is pretty adamant, NO MORE PROJECTS! until I get my current Jeep (CJ-7) put pack together. Thanks again,
rich

rich
77cj7304QtracTH400, 31" BFG AT's, TFI upgrade
79cj7frame,ready to be built
83cj7inpieces, parts Jeep
"They can take my guns, but they'll have to take them bullets first."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement