XD9000i troublshooting? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2001, 12:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default XD9000i troublshooting?

Does anyone know how to test a WARN XD9000i winch? I can't see where the four silenoids un-screw from? Either direction gets a click but no go on the motor? I've been told to test the silenoids but don't know how? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2001, 01:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: XD9000i troublshooting?

Warn doesn't want you troubleshooting it yourself- they want you to ship it to one of their authorized service centers.... anyway- heres how you check it out, take off the solenoid pack cover- make a DETAILED diagram of where each wire attaches to each solenoid. Take a battery charger and hook it to the actuator terminals and you should hear a click, take a voltmeter and see if you have closed the circuit ( you should have continuity) do this for each of the 4 solenoids. Once you have determined which needs replacing, sounds like you have two of them faulty- call WARN and get replacements. the winch needs to be taken off the truck and dissassembled to change the solenoids BUT- after you have them out, take a grinder and nip off a little of the ear on the back side, later you can take them out a little easier. there was a solenoid problem on the first XD9000i's- make sure if yours is that era that you get 4 new style solenoids otherwise you'll be doing this again soon. Good luck, Luke

PS- Warn will not provide any wiring diagrams or anything because they don't want you to work on it yourself.

JEEP- Just Empty Each Pocket. Oh well- its just money. o||||o
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement