TJ lift and tire size - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2001, 04:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default TJ lift and tire size

What lift should I be looking for to put 35" tires on a TJ? Keeping this in mind. I will be replacing both axles and stretching the WB( front forward and rear back) to gain driveline. Axles will be d44hp front and d60 rear.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Ideas and pictures will be a great help

Not new to wheeling but relatively new to Jeeps
It.s a Jeep thing, now I understand
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2001, 04:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: TJ lift and tire size

Absolute minimum would be a 6 inch lift like the new one from RE. I hear you can use the new lift to fit 35's although I am not sure you would be able to lengthen your WB with the kit. That is the best I can offer. I have been lookng at putting 35's on a TJ for a while so have done the looking. Like I said 6" suspension and depending on the exact tire you may need a 1" body lift to go with it. Sorry I don't have any pics for you though How much are you planning on lengthening it by just to be curious?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-2001, 04:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

elusive is an unknown quantity at this point

you wont fid a kit that allows for the axle to be moved.. the kits are designed with all the proper geometry of a 4 link... all the arms are made to fit exact.. moving the axle would make tham all too short..,oving the fromnt axle forward.. on a tj.. would be very difficult.. not only will you experience steering issues, but the coil brackets are designed into the tj frame.. the frame has a bow in it for the bracket to go into..there are other issues also...it seems like you would be $$$ ahead to do other mods to the tj than that..the custom axles are nice, then just get the l0ong arm rubicon 6" kit and your done with suspension mods..

~~Elusive~~
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]safaried..1 ton drivetrain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj,lift,33's..etc
Old 02-27-2001, 05:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Jeeper99xj is an unknown quantity at this point

the Rubicon Express 4.5" super flex kit (not the extreme flex long arm kit that's 2grand) and the 4" terra flex kits have been used with no additional lift to fit 35's but they will rub under flex. Seems like the trend is a 4.5" kit with a 1" body lift and the 35's fit pretty well. 4.5" is about the most you can get out of a spring lift re has a 5.5" long arm lift and sky jacker also has a 6" and maybe 8" long arm lifts but these lifts are over 2 grand, looking though the re catalog I got the idea of getting the standard control arms for a 4.5" kit and then using 5.5" lift springs. If you want to go to 38's it's been done w/ a 2" body lift + 5.5" long arm lift so consider that if you are keeping your options open.
BarrelRoll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long
Old 02-27-2001, 06:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was looking at using the long arms in the stock locations with some beefing. I havn't had a chance to get measurements for them so I dont know exactly how long they are. As far as the coils go, I'll be repairing accident damage to the frame and will modify as needed.

Not new to wheeling but relatively new to Jeeps
It.s a Jeep thing, now I understand
Old 02-27-2001, 09:32 PM
Old Hand

gigolo is an unknown quantity at this point

all i have is 2" suspension and 2" body, but i don't do massive rock climbing, mostly trails and mud, not a much else around kansas city that i know of. this rubs when climbing small rocks about 2' tall, but that's about as big as i ever do.

'00 TJ,2" susp.,2" body, K&N performance inject, Gibson Cat Back, D30, D35 w/Super 35 30 spline axle kit w/detroit locker,Jet chip, 35" Super Swampers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.