altitude compensator on mc2150 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2001, 02:28 AM
Enthusiast

YJ_88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default altitude compensator on mc2150

I have a mc2150 from a 84 ltd with a 3.8L v6 and was wondering where the altitude compensating thing is. From reading earlier posts they say its on the back of the carb but on mine I think its on the front. I am saying the front is where the accel pump is. Well right above the accel pump there is a box that extrudes from the carb body. It has 4 screws that hold its cover on and on the top of it there is a vacuum fitting. Can anybody tell me what this is. Thanks.

I need to get a girlfriend I'm getting to close to my jeep.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2001, 05:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

ozarkjeep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: altitude compensator on mc2150

I think your describing the carbs bowl, and bowl vent.

what is an 85 ltd with a 3.8V6? oh I get it now, a Ford car.

the compensator is not a big deal, its behind the carb on the bottom area, looks like a cylinder sticking out with a wire or hose, I havent seen one in years, might not be obvious unless youve got it right next to a 2100

OzarkJeep

"If thats the way that you want it, well thats the way I want it more..."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-14-2001, 06:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

CJDave is an unknown quantity at this point

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Oz........I would hate to admit how much time I spent poring over the carb section in the Jeep Manual trying to figure out what had four screws and a connection........never thought it would be THE BOWL..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I was going to go look on the CJ, but well, there's a lot of SNOW out there[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. I know on our 2150 the aneroid is in the back....sticks out an inch and a half or so....and has a slotted screw for some kind of adjustment.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Actually, these MC carbs are not too bad. They overcome about 80% of the deficiencies inherent in the basic carburetor concept; not the least of which is that the fuel to air ratio is not linear as the airflow goes from min to max. Ford has used some carbs in the past which can only be described as a NIGHTMARE, and I'm visualizing the Holly Centriflo as a prime example. They claim that the 2150 is the "Poor Man's Fuel Injection" and from all indications, that isn't far from the truth.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2001, 06:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

ozarkjeep is an unknown quantity at this point

righto Dave,

being where I am, the small littel Ozark mountain range, I dont need the altitiude compensation, the 2100/2150 carbs are great carbs for cheap reliability, and off camber stuff, but I will say they dont compare with a Holley 2 bbl for driveability or power.

OzarkJeep

"If thats the way that you want it, well thats the way I want it more..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.