Motorcraft 2100/2150 Question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2001, 07:30 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Jeepzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motorcraft 2100/2150 Question

So , what is the difference between the 2100/2150 ? I`m going to rebuild mine and I looked at it today and there is not a whole lot of markings or numbers on it at all .How do you even tell which one you`ve got ?

Jeff

<font color=red>
1979 CJ5
Almost finished [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ( Ya Right ! )</font color=red>

<font color=black>When is Summer going to be here? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] </font color=black>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2001, 08:21 PM
Veteran

spook2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Motorcraft 2100/2150 Question

If I remember correctly the 2150 has an "Altitude compensation module" on it and that's the only real difference.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-12-2001, 02:04 AM
Keyboard Implanted

CJDave is an unknown quantity at this point

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The spook has this one pegged. The 2150 has an aneroid for altitude compensation.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2001, 11:31 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Jeepzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you guys happen to know what the CFM is on the 2100 ? Sorry for being a pest [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks

Jeff

<font color=red>
1979 CJ5
Almost finished [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ( Ya Right ! )</font color=red>

<font color=black>When is Summer going to be here? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] </font color=black>
Old 02-12-2001, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast

YJ_88 is an unknown quantity at this point

From my understanding there are three different cfm ratings for the mc2100, depending on what engine it came of of.It should have a number stamped on it that is somewhat blocked by the acel pump linkage.
1.08=450 cfm
1.14=520 cfm
1.21=575 cfm
1.08 being the desired size for a 258.Actually I have a question to about the mc2100. I got a 2150 off a mid 80s ltd with a 3.8L v6 and was wondering if a could use this instead of the one of a 302 or 304. It has the right ventrie size(1.08), the only thing is a cant fiquer how to set the idle set or fast idle. It does have any screws that you can turn in. It just has a electric thing witha plunger on the end like the solvac idle unit on my bbd. Does this mean that a computer controls the idle and fast idle speed. Thanks

I need to get a girlfriend I'm getting to close to my jeep.
Old 02-12-2001, 09:35 PM
Veteran

spook2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I "think" it's in the mid 300 range but wouldn't bet my life on it.

Old 02-12-2001, 11:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The electric plunger dohicky IS an idle solenoid. The Ferds had a real problemo with "run-on" after you turned off the key, so that solenoid drops the throttle plates to ZERO to stop the engine from "dieseling". You can just set your idle off the plunger with the plunger unhooked. You adjust the idle by moving the solenoid. You can energize the solenoid if you want extra fast idle by using a switch if so desired, OR....you can use it with the ignition just like the Ferds did.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2001, 08:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

is there a book or manual that covers tuning the motorcraft carb
this would also probably explain all the other details

83cj7 401 th400 dana 20 dana 60 arb 14bolt detroit
full width tera low soa wrangler springs
Old 02-13-2001, 09:35 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You could check a Haynes Manual for Ferds. That should go into detail. In fact, my Jeep CJ Haynes has it because they used those carbs on the 304. There is a section on overhaul and adjustment of the 2100/2150 carbs in the CJ Haynes "Fuel Systems" chapter.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Old 02-13-2001, 10:44 AM
brendan

CJDave, what is an aneroid? Brendan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.