Off Roading Forums banner

Anybody out there?

21K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  Raduckal 
#1 ·
Seems like the SWB forum is DED dead. I still check in from time to time, but there hardly seems to be a reason.

#3 · (Edited)
Yep... I just talked to a new relative a few hours east of me who purchased a '76 CJ5. He's excited that we know each other so he can finally get that Jeep fixed. It's on schedule for early spring when the snow isn't hip deep. Now I can put a few skills to work.

My best to all during this New Year of 2016.

#10 ·
They predicted a half inch to three quarters at home, but I had to go out of town the day before it was to hit. I knew that the power would still be out by the time I got back - we were without for 12 days once after an ice storm about twenty years ago. I had my son set up with gasoline for the generator to keep the pipes from freezing, but we only got a little crust that caused no problem.

#13 ·
I've been trying to get the scrambler back up and going. Thought all I had left to do was put some new seat belts in it but I drove out back last week and noticed a huge oil leak around the rear main. Guess that's what happens when you let them sit. Seriously been thinking about pulling the 3/4 ton axles out and putting in the set scout 44's and going back to 33's or 35's.

#14 ·
Having a bit of clutch noise so of course this is where I came for information. I swing past every now and then but this is the first time I've logged in for quite a while.
The endless ranting pissing matches drove me away, as many others as well I'd guess.
I do miss the old days here, for sure.

#19 ·
Dead? Well, it's Easter Week-End and this place needs a resurrection. Me, I'd rather be out east at the Moab Easter Jeep Safari... but I'll just have to exist out her on the PNW coast. It's been a long winter. I don't need a Jeep here, it's rained so much I need a Seep!

#22 ·
Over a year ago I retired, and have been busier than ever, but I still check in. Kind of depressing, though, I wonder where everyone has gone. As this board was going down I had the thought that two factors were in play. One was that the economy was going bad and people didn't have as much money for their toys. The other was that old Jeeps inevitably go away, and the new ones are more difficult to do much with other than bolt on aftermarket stuff. The aren't many people making the kind of major modifications we made to our Jeeps. Yeah, it's still being done, but I don't think there is nearly as much being done by owners in their garage. Ah dunno.

#23 ·
My problem was partially the economy and shortened work hours right about the time my kids started hitting college so that cramped my Jeep style quite a bit. My daughter, my youngest is about to finish up her second year now but got a free ride so that helped out a lot. Still have all the Jeep's, started working on the m715 few months back and my buddy finally got me the title for it. This kinda has me urked. My buddy had this in his name since 2004 and tags expired in 2013 I believe and when I went to transfer the title they told me my title was no good and it had been registered in Texas for the last year. He has been going rounds with Texas with no luck. Trying to get a title in Missouri is a pia so he lives in Arkansas and is going to try and get another from them. Trying to get back into the Jeep world but trying to find the time is my problem. Told the wife I want to add another bay to the shop for days like today when I actually have time that I can work on my stuff and it not be in the way.

#25 · (Edited)
Hey, it's Andy with a 3rd user name, originally it was Jeeper99XJ, then barrelroll, now barrlroll1. I'm still around. I moved out to Colorado October of 2014 and love it out here. I started dating a girl a little over a year ago, in November she totaled her Camry and replaced it with a 2016 Rubicon, we had it in 4 low before the paper plates were off and then I promptly pealed up the rear diff cover at Easter jeep safari. I did pickup a '98 TJ a couple weeks ago and haven't had it off road yet but there's a pile of parts sitting there for when it gets out of the body shop for hail damage.

Needless to say life is good as I'm typing this 2000' feet underground at the underground mine I'm working at. Mom is doing well. Colorado is an awesome place to live. It doesn't hurt I drive by some awesome wheeling on the way home and if I make a wrong turn out of work's parking lot is leads to a pretty cool 2 track up over the divide.