Off Roading Forums banner

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - A Closer Look

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SilentBob2 
#1 ·

We just got an even better look at the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. Granted, it's still heavily camo-ed, but this four-door prototype gives us a closer look at some of the changes we'll see on the next-gen Wrangler.

2018 Jeep Wrangler Prototype Testing

See less See more
#6 ·
It's a fair point SilentBob2, but unfortunately FCA/Jeep does have to worry about mileage to some degree with CAFE and EPA standards only getting more stringent. That's why some trucks have the goofy airdamns that can provide a .5 to 1 mpg increase.

Did everyone see the Hurricane engine spy photos? There's been talk of this engine, the Pentastar V6, and a diesel option (like the 3.0-liter Ecodiesel engine found in the Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 Ecodiesel).

#7 ·
When I got mine, it did get 18 mpg. Then I put the 35's on it and hello to 13mpg. I have hit 15 on the interstate but I'm pretty sure the wind was at my backside. I know they have to improve the gas milage just so long as they remember the key things that make a jeep a jeep. I'm even open to IFS as long as its worthy of off road abuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.