Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OlllllllOCJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default YJ looking DJ

Maybe for Will or someone, don't know.

Folks that mow the Interstate Highways around here seem to have a collection of DJ's, old postal Jeeps. Easy to get in and out with weed eaters on crack.

So today as I went north around Indy... Something just didn't look like what I expected... YJ looking front on a DJ? Guess that is possible.. Mutt, tug, there were a bunch of things like that. But it looked like a DJ postal with a YJ aesthetic fiberglass front end, those darn rectangular headlights.

A few hours later I came around south, they don't exactly move fast when mowing. Saw a DJ and slowed down (without getting killed). Well darn it's really an old DJ, nice and clean looking with new paint.

Just as I thought that I had, had some sort of strange vision earlier... There the silly looking thing was... It is a DJ with a fiberglass YJ front end.

Now my only reason to ask is???? What the heck to call it?

Dale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 12:41 PM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

Ah dunno, how 'bout "DJ with a fiberglass YJ front end"?

My guess is that it got the front end beat in and replaced with glass YJ because they couldn't get a DJ clip.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OlllllllOCJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed, you just might have hit it on the head. They do seem to like their equipment to look nice and clean. Well at least while you are screaming past it 10 to 20 mph over the posted...

I'm sure that I will find that little critter again in the next few weeks. Willing to risk life and limb to get some pictures.

Dale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement