Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 07:08 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

JeepDawg is on a distinguished road
Default Ok....What Did I miss?

Remember me?

I haven't forgot about you guys....and still chat with a couple off line (more like exchange dirty jokes)

I'm still alive...but my jeep has been ignored for the past 2.5 years while I try to complete the 2-story addition to my house....

2-Story Addition...Trials And Tribulations - Project Showcase - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

It's winding down...so I'm about ready to give my CJ some badly needed attention.

First on the list....finishing the D44 flat top that has been sitting on my driveway for 3 years. Knuckles are done....I just need to chop off 4" on one side....weld it back together...and slap it in (along with a few other items)

So....what did I miss in the past 2.5 years?

Side note....both my boys are in scouting...one in Boy Scouts...other in cub scouts....I'm signed up as a merit bad dad....on that list is planning a jeeping/hiking trip for the boys....jeep in to some hard to get to place....teach the scouts about 'tread lightly'...camp...next day they hike...camp again....jeep out...quite a few dads in the troop that have jeeps....so very doable....
Link to my Frame up Restore
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 07:56 AM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

Some of us old farts are still here. Will and Andy and James Red Rubicon pop in regularly. Jeff posted not long ago. Haven't seen Leve for a long time. Jeep God met up with Andy at the Hammers and posted recently. He's going to be at The Badlands in Indiana for an event this summer. I'd sure like to get there for that.

Will as been working on his train, and Jeff says he's getting his Jeep trail worthy. Outside of that there isn't much going on by the way of builds. We get the occasional newbie dropping in with a question, usually about some new Jeep. I think most of the CJs and YJs have either gone to the junkyard or have been worked over until they're pretty stable by now.

Last fall The Boss and I made a two month trip west. We stayed with my brother in San Diego county for several weeks, spent a couple of days in Yosemite, and then headed for Yellowstone, just in time for the gummint to shut down all the parks. We did get to Southern Oregon before working down the coast back to SanD. Nice trip but didn't get to put many miles on the Jeep.

That sounds like a great camping trip with the boys. I have a great grandson who might be up for something like that in a few years. I hope I still am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Official Historian

WILL is an unknown quantity at this point

Ddawg. I read through your house story. All I can say is wow, that looks great. I lived through that growing up while my parents built their house.

I started a new job 3 weeks ago and am looking forward to having some budget to get the CJ finished and some projects done around the house. The oldest just turned 16 friday so we don't have long until she is off to college. One of the first projects is to pour concrete to double the driveway width for more parking.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

jdoggmoney is an unknown quantity at this point

JeepDawg... glad to see you're still kicking and lurking in the shadows.
I still sneak in here from time to time. CJ/Yj is resting comfortably under it's car cover in the front garage. Not ready to move on just yet.
Family things could get busy for us this summer as my attorney wife is one of two finalists for a District Court Judge appointment. Neighboring district so the appointment would require a move ASAP of about twenty miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.