Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Veteran

OIIIIIIIO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default compressor

Hi,

I have a 12V Puma air compressor mounted in my Jeep off the battery with a reset-able 80A breaker (IIRC) and then grounded to the frame and then 4 bolts through the rear wheel well hold it in place.

I'd like to make this a little "portable" so that I can move it between my Jeep and truck.

Any suggestions on some quick disconnections that would work will in these two applications for the wiring and then some suggestions on where/how to mount it in my truck (2004 F150 crew cab) that would be somewhat easy to get it in and out?

Thanks!
Patrick

Last edited by OIIIIIIIO; 08-01-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 04:06 PM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

The connectors you want are from Anderson Power Products - Multipole Connectors - They look like this:

AndersonPowerProds.jpg

They're self-cleaning when they go together and are very reliable. Get the two-conductor like in the picture and run hot and ground. Then you don't need to ground the mount.

I would imagine that they're available on E-Bay, Amazon and similar places on line. I got some from an electrical supply company, but don't remember where it was.

As for mounting ideas, not having an F150 I'm at a loss, but you can figure it out.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

jdoggmoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim Lou is spot on with the connectors. As far as mounting... you got a toolbox in that truck? It may cost you a bit more in cable to wire it, but it will be out of the way and secure from prying eyes. That's where I keep my firefighter air bomb.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:29 PM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

As for mounting it, why? Mount the power plug somewhere close to your battery. Then put a length of wire on the compressor sufficient to reach as far as you want, if that's only to the ground. Then you can leave it in the toolbox until needed.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:22 AM
Veteran

OIIIIIIIO is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Lou View Post
As for mounting it, why? Mount the power plug somewhere close to your battery. Then put a length of wire on the compressor sufficient to reach as far as you want, if that's only to the ground. Then you can leave it in the toolbox until needed.
This is the way I have been starting to lean...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement