The jeep gods have smiled at me!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Old Hand

jeepjunky is on a distinguished road
Default The jeep gods have smiled at me!!!

So my neighbor called, said he had a couple of diff covers he was going to throw in the trash and if I wanted them. So I headed over and was handed 2 boxes, the first labeled diff cover had 2 warn diff skid plates, the second box was a ARB locker box, it had a factory take off TJ rubi locker. I let him know what he had and asked how much he wanted for them...he said if I didn't take them, they are going in the trash. So I again asked how much he wanted for them, and again was told to take them I then called ARB and cross-referenced the ARB part number and it will fit with my TJ, I just need to use a factory compressor for the locker. Thank you jeep gods!!! anyone have a rubi locker compressor not being used?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 07:28 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

jdoggmoney is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll have to do some searching but I THINK the difference is that they operate at a much lesser psi. I bet with some internet searching you could find out how to run em with your OBA, CO2 tank or whatever air source you have. Heck ARB might even give ya the low down.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Old Hand

jeepjunky is on a distinguished road

ARB runs at 85psi, factory rubi runs at 5psi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:59 PM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

Hosanna! You've been blessed!

A good regulator will take care of that, but it has to be a good one; many regulators won't do a very good job of regulating at that low pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.