LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Addict

Booger is on a distinguished road
Default Remember when........

Hi Everyone,

Remember when....

This site was jumping with activity.
CJ Dave was somewhat of a household name.
H8monday was always doing something and wheeling, hell everyone was wheeling.
Took days to read all the threads.

Lets see who responds with something to addd.

OH and we can't forget Taz and TR with all their wit and wisdom......

Last edited by Booger; 04-30-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Just because
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 AM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

Yeah, what's happened? Lots of folks used to be doing things to their Jeeps, but now almost nothing. Maybe it's the economy - people can't afford to go play, so stuff isn't being broken, so stuff isn't being repaired and modified.

And something else, people used to gripe about nasty arguments and flame wars, but that simmered down about the same time as board traffic started declining. Coincidence, or did people really enjoy the fireworks? Ah dunno.

And another factor on the modifications; it's a lot more difficult to do anything these days because of the need to comply with emission and safety laws in most of the country. Except for adding bling there's not much that can be done to a new Jeep and keep it street legal. You don't need the knowledge that's here, or used to be, to install chrome plated door hinges.

Last edited by Jim_Lou; 05-01-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

thorjeep is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally disagree, you don't know what you are taking about, Blah, Blah, Blah

Yes I miss even the flame wars!

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
Old 05-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Way Outta Control

LEVE is on a distinguished road

My CJ7 went to live with my Son-in-law and now I act as an adviser only... and drive two Prius' and kept the 4WD Ranger as the plow truck.

I'm gettin' use to being Jeepless in Washington. But every now and then I see a neglected CJ sitting in a yard rusting away and I have the urge to go rescue it. Then I look at my bank account and the better half whops me up aside the head and I come back to my senses driving the Heius down Hw101 at 50mpg and loving every mile of it.

Live goes on.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Andytron is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been a member since about '98. I long ago lost track of all the different format changes, flame wars and all the folks that have come and gone.

This place was "the place" for quite a number of years but it sure seems like those days have come and gone.

It is still a bit odd to see how few new posts there are when I long in evey month or so.

Too bad....
Old 05-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Veteran

spook2 is an unknown quantity at this point

If half you guys knew half as much as you think you do then the rest of us would only have about a quarter of the stuff to bust you on, thereby proving our superior intellect AND giving something useful to read. Too many of the not-smart left, and left us with-smarts with not much to do. You guys got to hold up your end of things....
The Following User Says Thank You to spook2 For This Useful Post:
Jim_Lou (05-19-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 07:47 AM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

Throwing insults! Now it starts.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Official Historian

WILL is an unknown quantity at this point

Two months ago I finally burned off a tank of 3 year old gas in the YJ. Only put 10 gallons in it since too. I just can't afford to burn as much gas through the jeep as I used to when it was cheaper.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Pete88YJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been here also. I used to check in a lot more, but it seemed kinda dead, so I'd move on.

I still have the 88YJ, and still wheel it at least once a year. I had a 99TJ for about 6 years also, drove that as a DD to 236,000 miles, and just picked up a new-to-me WJ, 2004, with under 100K for a DD and to build up as an expedition Jeep. It's a 4.0, selectrac, real nice shape.

We had a 2003 WJ that my Jeepchick drove, bought that new, but traded that in at 215K on a WK2, 2012. It's a nice Jeep for her.

Hope you're all well.
Pete

LOL --- Guess I gotta change my sig, too.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM

Good to hear from you, Pete! Every now and then we get a blast from the past. Don't be so strange. I mean, don't be a stranger!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement