OT Anyone Looking for an Entry Level Machinist? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Sawzall Poster Boy

barrelroll is on a distinguished road
Default OT Anyone Looking for an Entry Level Machinist?

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here. A lot has changed in the past year, I quit teaching high school shop last June, moved from Nevada back to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and enrolled in a 1 year CNC operator program last fall.

The CNC program is just about over in 2 weeks. While in school I setup a 2 day a week co-op starting in the inspection department and moving into the turning department running CNC and manual machines at a broach company. They had plans of keeping me on full time but laid me and several others off last week when work slowed down.

Now I'm looking for a full time entry level CNC or Manual machinist position some where in the US. I'm willing to move almost anywhere for the right position and can start early June. I'm a hard worker, take pride in making quality parts, have good references, show up on time, can read a micrometer & other precision measurement instruments, and leave my cell phone in my truck while I'm at work.

If I'm some one you would be interested in hiring or know of some where that's looking for some one entry level let me know and I'll send you my resume.

Thanks,
Andy
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 12:05 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Raduckal is an unknown quantity at this point

" Anyone Looking for an Entry Level Machinist?"
Yes, but she really needs to be really hot and reading a micrometer might be a plus.

Benjamin Franklin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Sawzall Poster Boy

Raduckal I don't think I'm the right fit for your job.

I've thought about it and I'm going to accept a job offer at a mold shop in Minneapolis tomorrow. I should be in the repair and re-work department which will get me CNC and manual experience along with some non mold related piece work.

I'm pumped, it seems like a stable company with about 45 employees, some good big name customers (deere, polaris, otter box, pottery barn's aluminum cook wear supplier just to name a couple), been in business since the early 70's, decent pay, and they are going to treat my position like a 4 year apprenticeship.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:13 AM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

That's great, Andy! You'll be back in the midwest and can come to the Bash!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:19 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Raduckal is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats.
I'm glad you chose the right job.

Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Sawzall Poster Boy

Change of plans. a "dream" job as an entry level machinist in the offroad industry was offered to me this morning. I hate to go back on my word but I think this opportunity is too good to pass up. They do a lot of machine work including 50 degree front steering axles but also do a lot of OEM automotive parts and molds/ patterns. New location Ft. Wayne Indiana.

I'm planning on making the bash, I might need a ride, not sure if my trail rig will be done by then or even in the same state.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:15 PM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

WOO HOO! That's great, Andy! I'm really looking forward to seeing you again. And it looks like my granddaughter won't be coming this year, so I may have an open seat in Teddy, Old Silver.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Rio_Grande is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Andy! Welcome to Indiana!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement