88 YJ Heating Question. - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

lomodyj is on a distinguished road

Good time to do the Chevy blower upgrade. Will double the output of the fan...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Way Outta Control

LEVE is on a distinguished road

The part number of the GM blower upgrade and the part number for the YJ fan are the same!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Addict

Booger is on a distinguished road

I don't claim to be an expert butt, here is what I do know to be factual. I currently drive a 1986 for a DD and it has three control cables, 1 for heat/vent, (vent being fresh air only, noooooo vacuum control on this one) 1 cable for defrost, and 1 for the amount of heat being introducted into the cab via the defrost or floor heat. I just sold my 1987 and 1988 YJ's, both had the vacuum/slide controls. the reason you can't see the vacuum actuator is its behind the dash panel just below the windshield ledge, it just controls/open-closing of the damper for the outside air. I still own a 1989 with a 4.2/MPI and a 1990 with a 302/V-8 and they both have the same heater controls as the 87-88 have and work the same way. When you want heat the fan blows air to the floor and pulls ouside air in across the heater core, when you want defrost the fan blows air to the windshield and pulls outside air in across the heater core, when you want vent it shuts down the fan and it pulls fresh air in from the outside inlet (only while you are moving forward) and out throught the open door on the passenger side. When you turn the slide controls to off it closes the outside air vent and inside vent door, shuts down the fan whether the fan switch is on or not. I hope this answers your questions.

Booger

"Sometimes Insanity and Genius walk the same side of the street"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVE View Post
The part number of the GM blower upgrade and the part number for the YJ fan are the same!
Not sure what part numbers you are looking at LEVE. I did the blower motor upgrade a couple of years ago...The fans were certainly not the same size or did they have anywhere near the same output. I'll see if I can locate any of the write ups I went by.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Chevy blower motor upgrade will get you started.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Way Outta Control

LEVE is on a distinguished road

The replacement blower motor part number for a YJ is the same as the blower motor for the GM Upgrade. However, often, the YJ number is more expensive.

Read this thread on JU...
Old 12-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

LEVE, don't see on that thread anything that says that the part numbers are the same. I went to my local CarQuest and asked for the blower listed in the 4x4wire article. It was bigger (had to cut the bigger hole in the firewall) and moves a lot more air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.