Here is the build.
20 ft of 1.25", 1/8" Wall DOM(10 ft per fender). There are 3 pieces of tube in each fender, 2 straight and 1 bent. I bent the tube at work on our $$$$$ conduit bender.
4 pieces of 3/8" x 1.5" Flat stock(1/4" would be plenty but its all I had) I messaged 2 pieces with a torch and hammer to match the contor of the grill and the other 2 piece were used at the firewall mounts. I ground about 1/8" of the side of the tub mounts to make installation esier, so they were only 3/8" x 1.375"!!!!
I bolted the mounting plates to the body and made sure the grill and hood were alligned. Then I tacked all the tube into place. I removed the fenders and welded the tube up. On the piece of tube the went straight from the tub to the grill I heated the grill end and beat it flat so I could weld it directly to the 3/8" thick grill end mount. I then drilled each mounting hole out another 1/16" overside.
Next I used 1/8" plate to make the skins and hardware mounting plate on the drivers fender. On the passenger side fender I welded the stock fuse box bracket to the inner side of the fender.
I had to modify the battery mount on the passengers side because I took the fender all the way back to the tub to open up my wheel well as much as possible.
Next I bolted them back on to re-check the fit and run them at the BASH
with some make shift inner fenders.
After the bash I removed the fenders and built the inner fenders out of a combination of 1/8" plate, 1/8" x 1" flat stock and rubber sheeting. The inner fenders took as long to build as the rest of the fender.
Then I used a little filler, rattle can primer and rattle can dark blue paint from autozone to finish the fenders out. For the metal on the inner fenders I primed them, skuffed them and painted 2 coats of duplicolor truck bed liner on the inners fenders.
All in all I had
$46 in DOM
$28 in rubber sheeting
$8 in nuts and bolts
$20 paint and primer
$15 bed liner
1/8" material and 3/8" stock was all scrap!!!
Total of $117 and right at 16hrs of work in them.