Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

JeepnGreg is on a distinguished road
Default Novak vs Advance Adapters ?

price differences aside, is there any difference between the two

in terms of customer support or product quality or anything else?

share please [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd rather pay a weee bit more if i know the parts are better or the service is better or something

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

TiminMb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Novak vs Advance Adapters ?

Not that I have experience with either company, but mention which adapter you are considering. I recall someone on here having a bad experience with poor documentation and other things not right with one of the kits from those companies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

JeepnGreg is on a distinguished road

this is related to the other post i had up....

I need:

AMC 304 V-8 to GM 700r trans

and

GM 700R trans to D20 t-case
Old 01-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast

jeepete is an unknown quantity at this point

All I can tell you is when I called Novak with some questions about tranny/transfer case adapters they were very helpful and friendly.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Apprentice

dugs_cj3a is an unknown quantity at this point

I have purchased from both companies and had good luck with both, a future decision would be based on who had the better price.

I read the same post about poor documentation from Novak, if I remember right it was related to a NP435 to Dana 300 adapter. I purchased the same adapter and had no problems following the instructions
Old 01-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

JeepDawg is on a distinguished road

I asked the same question....and I also researched the subject on Pirate......I have the Novak adapter and I'm quite satisfied with the fit and documentation....and they guys have been very helpful on the phone....

Based on input from Pirate....Novak quality and help is a bit better than AA. For example....the motor mount for the SBC by AA is a 1 piece design that has a bar that goes across the frame...some of the Pirate guys had issues with the front pumpkin hitting the bar....the Novak design uses to mounts welded to the frame...yea, it's a bit more work you end up with a cleaner setup.

If I do another engine swap, I would use Novak again.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Addict

Brhino is an unknown quantity at this point

I have bought a T18 main shaft, T18 rebuild kit and a T18 to D20 adapter from Novak. I have also called them for difficult to find transmission parts. Nothing but excellent parts and service from them. Price is very good for the quality of the items. Call them and they have the parts and the answers. Documentation from them has been good as I see it, yes you do need to read carefully but that is part of the game on rebuilding trannies for the first time.

I have priced a AMC 304 to a Wrangler frame motor mount adapter from AA also. I have yet to buy them but do plan on it. The price seems kinda steep for what it is, but I have given up on making some of these things for myself.

I would buy the motor adapter from Novak if they made it. My vote goes to Novak.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Way Outta Control

RRich is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used both quite a few times - often a customer brings me what he bought for me to install it, so I have to use what he brings me.

If he'd ask me beforehand, I'd prefer the Novak. Sometimes they seem like identical copies of each other, but you can tell the difference by the attention to detail. The finished surfaces, the fit, the over-all quality of the Novak is much better.

But - AA has lots of goodies the Novak doesn't, so sometimes you are stuck with AA.

Too many times I've had to re-machine AA tranny adapters, bellhousings etc. I've only had to do it a couple of times with Novak.

Always check the front/back surfaces for parallelism and make sure you check runout (the centering of the tranny hole with the crank centerline. Often they are waaaay out - using it like that will give troubles for sure!

Consider either one a rough, but close adapter. You do the finishing touches for the perfect fit.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:10 AM
Veteran

bandhmo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I may be the person others have mentioned that had problems with the NP435 to D300 Kit. I really can't say that Advanced Adapters would be any better as I have never used one of there kits. Also Eric at Novak Said they were working on a Instruction DVD and new hardware with the Kit that would have addressed the problems I had. Eric defiantly new his stuff but was on vacation and when I called Novak they basically said that Eric was the only one who could answer my questions. When I did get a hold of him he was very helpful and friendly. Any way here is a link to when this was last discussed including my post with a complete list of problems.

Novak NP435 Adapter
Old 01-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Olin18 is an unknown quantity at this point

For me... NOVAK all the way. I have used them a lot, on two differnt Jeep projects, and have never been disapointed. Some of the best customer service I have ever experenced. If you are building a jeep, and dealing with Jeep parts, Novak is where to go.
That is my opnion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement