Holley 4V Carb linkage on a six - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Journeyman

7T8CJ7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holley 4V Carb linkage on a six

I am just about to hack up and modify my stock throyttle cable bracket to work with my 390 Holley. Before I cut up my own I'd like to see some photos of what others have done.

I'm running an 390 Vac secondary Holley on an Offy water heated 4V intake on a 4.0 head bolted to a 4.2 block. To complicate it a bit further I'm running power brakes too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2006, 07:48 PM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Holley 4V Carb linkage on a six

There might not be anybody on the board who has a 4-barrel on a six. Just look at how the linkage works now and dupllicate it for the new carb. A cable linkage isn't tough to do.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2006, 05:35 AM
farmertk

Default Re: Holley 4V Carb linkage on a six

I have the same setup on my 80 cj7. Get a universal throttle cable from Lokar. I think it was 20 inches long, with the braided steel cover. Get rid of the stock bracket. The new cable has threaded ends. I took a small piece of strap steel and drilled two 3/8 holes in each end, bolt this down on the corner base bolt on the throttle side, put a twist in it to mount the end of the cable through. you might have to bend it to align with the throttle lever on the carb. Hope not too confusing I'll try and post some pics. Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement