dana 44 exploded view - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Veteran

pbytrailz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dana 44 exploded view

Anyone have a site or a pic of a grand wagoneer dana 44. I need parts and for some reason the internet search really stinks. I cant find anything anymore and have a limited time. anyway thanks

Mike
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Veteran

bandhmo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dana 44 exploded view

I am amazed how many people don't know about this site. www2.dana.com If you click on “Light Axle “ under Spicer at left and then on “Literature and Catalogs” on the right it will bring you to a list of PFD's that can be opened. They contain exploded pictures of about anything as well as Dana's part numbers for every part and instructions. Some of the names are a little and not Dial up Friendly so since time is short attached is a jpg. To get this I went to “X510-9: JEEP APPLICATIONS”.

One of these days I plan to put all Dana info in a Data base and cross list every thing.

Hope this helps.
Wilhelm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1529707-Dana44.jpg (278.4 KB, 40 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:11 PM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

There's this from the '78 FSM. Or do you neeed the front? I can scan it too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1529709-Jeep03.JPG (177.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 07-06-2006, 04:48 AM
Veteran

pbytrailz is an unknown quantity at this point

thannks. I am looking for the front. What it comes down to is the outer bearing was toast. I may need to replace the hub also.

Then when I pulled the hub off the spindle the spindle bearing is floating around in the back. I assume this shouldn't happen? So I will probably need a spindle bearing kit also which has the seal.

Im just trying to find out exactly what I need and order the parts so I can fix it this weekend.

thanks
Old 07-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Old Hand

pnut is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't remember where I got this (pirate maybe?), but someone took alot of time creating this CAD image. I have the fullsize image, this one attached here is only 17% of the fullsize (you could make a poster of it!). This is Dana 60, but I remember others existed.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Keyboard Implanted

mbalbritton is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, that's sweet! I've had a running project of modeling my CJ in Form-Z 3D... If i had the time I always wanted to model the entire thing down to the detail of that exploded drawing. That sure looks like it was modeled in Strata Studio. A VERY SWEET 3D application.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:08 AM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

Here's the front axel from the '78 FSM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1529758-FrontAxel.jpg (400.2 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-06-2006, 08:10 AM

And here's a drawing I made of the stub axel components showing their proper orientation. It's easy to put them in backwards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1529759-StubAxelParts.jpg (148.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 07-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Mud in my Veins

Junk Yard Genius is an unknown quantity at this point

Man! There is some sweet downloading going on this morning!

KEEP IT COMMING!
Days like this are why I hang out here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement