LEVE's unpopular thoughts on BULLTEAR. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Way Outta Control

LEVE is on a distinguished road
Default LEVE\'s unpopular thoughts on BULLTEAR.

I thought I'd chime in here for a thought, or two.

I'll come in on Matt's side... he's spending his money to make a product and bring it to market that will provide value to a customer base. That's a risk, and I couldn't afford to take it. Hat's off to him. No duplicate this effort for other products and the risk raises. Hat's off to him again.

As to the use of the AMC name... well one question here. How the heck would he be able to target his product base without invoking the AMC name? There's not a claim that AMC endorses the product. AMC no longer exists as an endorsing enity... the claim is that it will work better in an AMC engine. IMHO... I find nothing wrong with that clam and Matt's endeavoring to provide information that gives you a background on his product.

Granted Matt's no salesman. That was proved when he first started on this forum. I remember it because he got hammered on his first post. He really got off to a bad start and left a bad taste in a lot of mouths with his posts. That was unfortunate because he's got a lot of information he could share with all of us the we won't glean if he won't/can't share.

To endeavor to figure out what was going on as a moderator ( at that time ) for the forum I sought out Matt. I spoke to Matt, and had several off-forum E-mail exchanges to asking him about some of his products, their design and re-design.

In EVERY case his conversations/thoughts/ideas have been informative and he's been more than polite to answer some of my silly questions.

So IMHO, it boils down to are you the target/customer base of Bulltear? IMHO... nope, most guys on this forum wouldn't be interested in many of his products because the products are aimed at a high end, higher spender <nobr>Jeep</nobr> owner. That's fine with me! He's got a right to offer a product and make an honest buck and that's what he's been doing.

Now some on the forum have denigrated both Matt's product and his company. There's been lots of rock throwing since Matt first appeared. IMHO, that's pretty sad... especially when Matt attempted to exchange ideas/thoughts on upgrades and other post and was firmly rebuffed by some that had that sour taste in their mouths.

Me, I hope that Matt continuities to post on this forum, with both his products and ideas.

Now hey, if your not the product base Matt's aiming at, thats fine... ask all the questions you want of Matt on his product and I'd bet he'll answer them as well as he's answered mine.

But remember one thing I always stressed on while a monderator... and that's civility. If you walk by a guy every day and punch him... someday he's gonna punch you back and maybe get his friends to help. We all need friends to come to our aid. Matt ain't any different. Kick a dog enough times and eventually you're gonna get bitten.

I don't blame Matt one bit for defending his products... and I'll never blame Matt for not apologizing for improving his products...

That's the American Way.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2004, 07:34 AM
Keyboard Implanted

NIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LEVE\'s unpopular thoughts on BULLTEAR.

I guess Matt's like a German: nobody likes him until he proves to be a nice guy. (To be clear: I don't have anything against Germans as my backyard almost in Germany and I have a '67 bug, but being German is a handicap.) He just put himself in a box that said: "contains spammer". He probably won't get rid of this image easily. If his intentions are as you state I hope your plea for him works. There's lots of guys on this forum that have a store in, or produce and sell offroad products who are valued members, but it's all in presentation to get accepted...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Addict

jeepsr4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I do apologize for plugging the product without setting up a working relationship with anyone here. My fault ...sorry.

I may have even gone overboard in my defense....that is really not like me in real life. If ever we get a chance to meet at a event or a jeep gathering some of you might think different of me. I am always positive and friendly and dont hold grudges. I really want to help and listen... I may not have been the best at listening when I originally posted here... I too am sorry for that. I dont blame the few for being angry with my posts two years ago but I really would like to move on without negativity.

-MC
Old 10-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

OlllllllOCJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like things are moving in the correct direction. Most people have very short memories and attention spans. All but a few will forget about past posts as long as future posts are constructive. While some individuals here may be an exception - this BBS is open minded, understanding and even forgiving from my perspective.

I like the change of attitude jeepsr4ever.

So now let's all move on. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Dale
Old 10-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Journeyman

holsters is an unknown quantity at this point

Spammer, smammer. If he's got something to offer, let him do it.
One well respected member, Rio Grande, offers his wears and we all love him because he's part of the family. No reason that Matt cannot become so.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Addict

jeepsr4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I really dont want to come here and sell parts. We are too busy the way it is, I dont even like talking 4x4's after work. I do like helping out though and will do so when/where I can. I also enjoy peoples stories.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:09 PM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

I agree with Leve - it's time for a truce here. Let's not dredge up any more old posts to hammer him with. That's [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
Old 10-12-2004, 05:10 PM

Dirt Dog is on a distinguished road

[img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
No.........GREAT POST.

Thanks Larry.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:28 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Randyzzz is an unknown quantity at this point

If any one is in doubt, check this post out-
http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/s...=1#Post1353573

I'd say he qualifies as "One of the family".
Old 10-13-2004, 02:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Rio_Grande is an unknown quantity at this point

I say if he has something to offer Post away,, I try not to bring up the bumpers, but if anyone is interested I have link to my site in my sig. I checked out his site and from reading posts he seems alright to me,,, I don't quite get the AMC oil thing, but there are people who criticize me for using 1/4 inch tube fo bumpers. While I wish I shared his problem about having too much business.
Hey Why dont you load up and go wheeling with us at the badlands all you in business for yourself guys have loads of dough right???? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement