OT-Hyundai Accent Water Pump Replacement - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2004, 08:03 AM
Can't Get Enough

JimmyZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT-Hyundai Accent Water Pump Replacement

It'a my turn to RANT! This fellow who's been sniffing around my older daughter will probably be my son-in-law some day. Good guy, period. His water pump seized. Smoked the belt off. We filled the rad. up and limped it to my home. I bought the book, Haynes, checked it out, OH my, bought the pump and belts, OH my, and dug in. First off the dumb SOBs put the engine in sideways. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Well this little fact put the water pump pulleys about a half an inch from the structural member that I guess is suposed to be like a frame. Good thing the pump was frozen, made getting the four little METRIC(it's my rant and I'll yell when I want) bolts out. The short of it is that I also had to take out: front, errr right motor mount(jack with block of wood under oil pan), crankshaft pulleys/harmonic balancer-held on with one bolt that a pissed off gorilla having a bad hair day after not getting any the night before put on just to be mean-had to make nylon strap wrench for pulley to keep engine(auto trans) from spinning(book says to use a rag and chain wrench), upper and lower timing belt covers, timing belt tensioner, timing belt(mark the dog snot out of it cause as soon as you take the tensioner off it did jump some teeth. Now and only now can you get to the four, that's right only four bolts that hold the pump on. Also when the book says to take off the alternator bracket, take it off. This little thing that only sticks out about a quarter inch will not allow you to slide er out, of course that's after you did more twists and turns that a prepubescent orential gymnist. OH MY!!!! Why?? You know there was plenty of room above the alternator to have a bolt on type pump. ??? Anybody have an idea how much I saved this guy in labor charges? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Keyboard Implanted

CJDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OT-Hyundai Accent Water Pump Replacement

[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Jeepchick used to have a Pontiac Grand Am with the Quad-Four crosswise engine in it. The water pump is buried down and behind the engine, driven by the roller chain that drives the two overhead cams. The water pump seal leaked and so we had to replace the pump. The dealership wanted 745 dollars to replace the pump....parts and labor. I bought a pump and the gasket kit for just over a hundred and it took me SEVENTEEN HOURS to change it. First you take off the RF hubcap........ [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.