What is the Electronic Feedback Valve? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2003, 03:02 PM
JeepinKen

Default What is the Electronic Feedback Valve?

I am looking at purchasing the Carter BBD rebuilt carb from Quadratec. They have two listed for my vehicle (I have an 83 CJ7, 256 I-6, Carter BBD), one with Electronic Feedback Valve and one without. They couldn't tell me what it was so I could determine which I needed. I went through all my shop manuals and can't find any reference to the feedback valve. Does anyone know what this valve is and what I need to look for on my Jeep to determine if I need it?

I know many people don't like the Carter, but I need to keep my smog gear in working order, so the Carter is my only choice. I have thought about rebuilding mine, but Quadratec seems to replace a lot more than a general rebuilt kit will replace. Having someone rebuild it for me costs about the same as the ones from Quadratec.

Thank you for your help,
-Ken
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Pooh-Bah

GP'n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the Electronic Feedback Valve?

Give these guys a call they are the AMC carb experts.

Take a look at the bottom of the page for number.

AMC Carbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:45 PM
JeepinKen

Thanks for the info. I haven't heard of them before. Have you or anyone else had experience with them? The price sure looks good - Quadratec sells theirs for $300+ for their normal warranty. At < $199 for lifetime warranty, it almost seems to good.

-Ken
Old 11-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Pooh-Bah

GP'n is an unknown quantity at this point

Never used them personally but know several that have, and they were happy. National Carbs has a good rep. But like everything, there can always be change [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 01:15 AM
Veteran

bandhmo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would assume that the Electronin Feedback Valve is the same as what is commenly called a stepper motor. Jeep used the BBD with and with out this motor and 83 was the change over year so it would make sence that both are listed. The stepper motor bolts to the back of the carb, and has two wires conected two it. Sorry I can't seem to find any pictures of this.

bandhmo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement