OX locker prices? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Addict

lojones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OX locker prices?

anyone know of a place selling them for less than 750? And i dont mean 749.95 [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Olin18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OX locker prices?

Unless you can catch someplace with them on sale then 750 is pretty standard. And usally that 750 is for the actual locker only. The cable and handle is another 80-100.
By the time you get done the total cost is pretty close to an ARB. A lot of people have trouble with the OX not locking, or unlocking when it shouldn't. But to their defence, they have come out with a new cable and handle that is suposed to have fixed this problem.
If you run in the mud a lot the OX cable tends to get dirt and mud in it... Sometimes leading to it not working as well as it could/should.
If you are into rock crawling. the OX is a graet product. But if you play in the mud, the ARB is the hero there.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...
jamgood96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't count out the new electrac locker from the makers of the Detroit. My buddy has one and really likes it. But I guess only time will tell how well it holds up.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Addict

lojones is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive read all about the OX locker querks and the only one that bugs me is the cable coming out of adjustment and that is supposedly fixed. I hadnt heard about the mud thing, i assumed it was a sealed cable, have to check on that as we get lots of mud up here.

I might still go with ARBs again but i wanted to try something new.

yeah ARB wins on price, ARB612+612+200=$1424, OX 750+750+180= $1680

Ive seen ARBs even cheaper lately too.

Hey can you run ARBs off another onboard air system with a tank or do you have to buy their compressor?

I'm not sure i like that plastic module on the Electracs. Seen pics of those breaking off in shipping, so a branch would prob bust it right off too.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Olin18 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Detroit Elec locker is one that I have not heard much about yet. I would love to hear an opinion from someone who is running one. There must be a few on this board. I don't know what their price is?
You most certinly can run an ARB with any on board air source. All you need to do is get a regulator and set it at the correct pressure. And then build some sort of switch so that you can turn the air on and off, to lock and unlock. It works just the same as the ARB set up works.
However.. If for any reason something happed to your locker, and ARB found out you were not useing their compressor... Forget about having them fix it.
Of course on the same note, I guess you could probably build your own OX cable system too. In fact from what I have heard it woun't be all too hard to build a better one than the old one. Again I hear the new handle is much better.
I like the Idea of prices going down for the ARB.. I am going to be looking at getting one soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement