New Jeep advertising and logo - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2002, 05:32 PM
Official Curmudgeon

CJ7Taz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Jeep advertising and logo

I found <a target="_blank" href=http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Feed=RTR&amp;Date=20020905&amp;ID=1906 035&amp;Symbol=US:F>this</a> while checking my Ford stock. Don't ask, I wish I hadn't checked.

The logo sounds like what I've seen on t-shirts 4WDH sells.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

knifeboy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Jeep advertizing and logo

My question is where is Jeep going to use this logo? They can't replace the markings on the side of the new Jeeps coming out. It just wouldn't look right. I do think the brand has more potential than the company is using, but they will need to be careful that they don't ruin the appeal of the Jeep as an offroad vehicle. The article makes it sound like they want to switch to grocery getters, and thats gotta be some sort of sin. I haven't gone to church in a while so maybe someone can clarify that for me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-05-2002, 06:11 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

AllLockedUp is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it! There is nothing wrong with change, it's a sign of the tmes.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

jlove86CJ is an unknown quantity at this point

"The Jeep brand is not going to be a slave to something that isn't relevant."
If being able to drive a stock Jeep over the Rubicon isn't relevant, then I don't know what is. I thought being an extremely capable 4X4 was part of the buying appeal and heritage of the Jeeps. But then I guess I'm a little old fashioned, I happen to like functionality over looks.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:32 PM

Dirt Dog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Jeep advertising and logo

Taz I didn't like that either. That says to me that we(offroaders) are the minority and that they are going to change from the "rubicon" direction.(to soccer moms=$$$)
I really liked (NOT) the line that the rubicon was done on a "whim".
And last , while this all pi$$es me off I have learned that for the real point..........they are not selling to me. I'm not buying new vehicles from them to wheel. And it will never be exactly what I want anyway. No different than anything that I'ver ever owned and liked. I modify it to do what I want and how I want it. They will never build "MY" perfect machine. And if they did, I probally wouldn't want it. I like to be a little different and not run with the flock.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:37 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

AllLockedUp is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see any mention of turning Jeeps into grocery getters. In fact, what I did see was "So Chrysler has decided to shift its emphasis from the Rubicon Trail to other measurements of off-road prowess. While the new ads all show Jeeps running off road, they also tout Jeep's "rescue capability," a term Bell said would represent the new standard for Jeeps."

Like DD said, you're just going to take it and turn it into something that you want anyways, right?
Old 09-05-2002, 07:43 PM
Journeyman

brickisred is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate corporate BS like this... It probably took them 5 years and 20 different "focus groups" to come up with this. And some suit who probably has never set his butt in a Jeep in his life probably got paid big bucks for it. I imagine the quality will suffer, as well. All in the name of selling more units. All hail the mighty dollar!
Old 09-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sycho15 is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet they always build a Jeep that can run the Rubicon in stock form. Maybe not all Jeeps will be able to do it anymore, but at least one in their line-up. This is the SWB forum, after all, so we should be bitching the least as the SWB Jeep is most likely to be the only 'Rubicon Ready' model left.

Don't think for a second I like where this is heading. They are going away from the very core of what a Jeep has always been.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Smokngun is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that change is good...but change to make the vehicles better for their intended purpose. NOT change to sell to a greater (read: socker mom) market.

"The Jeep brand is not going to be a slave to something that isn't relevant." Quote relating to the Rubicon requirement.

The new heads think that they are a "Slave" to putting out a vehicle(s) that are the only ones in the world to have actualy PROVEN themselves in an extreme off-road environment ?!? I know that the mass segment of typical SUV buyers could care less if their "kid bus" could traverse the rubicon as long as it has an overhead screen with a DVD player and 14 cupholders. But off road capeability is what makes Jeep people so loyal. They shouldn't change a thing.
Old 09-06-2002, 07:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

"With a new logo that plays on its war-fighting heritage..."

So, the German auto maker is touting one of the most important tools used against them years ago?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement