50th Rubicon Jeep Jamboree - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2002, 07:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

H8monday is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 50th Rubicon Jeep Jamboree

Since I now live just off of Hwy 50 about 20 miles from the Ice House Road turn off to the Rubicon, I ahve been watching the continuoes caravan of Jeepers heading up, to run the 50th Jamboree,(the oldest in the country).
I have family comming to visit from Oregon this weekend so I cant make it, but I may take a drive in on Saturday if the kids want to.
Anyone planning on attending?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2002, 07:38 PM
Veteran

Mel85CJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 50th Rubicon Jeep Jamboree

I think I will go to the top of the big dirtpile in our yard, lite a couple candles & set out the "Jeepers Jamboree - the 1st 40 years" book that I bought last year when I stopped by Georgetown & meditate and *pretend* I'm there.....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-24-2002, 09:22 PM
BugSheriff

I am going to make it. I am only going to be a passenger - but it will be a lot of fun anyways (my Jeep is my daily driver). I have to work overnight tonight and then be up in Georgetown at 6am tomorrow (Thursday) to meet my buddies.

H8 what do you mean you live right off of 50, did you move out of Roseville?

Well, I better start packing...
Old 07-24-2002, 09:39 PM
Keyboard Implanted

H8monday is an unknown quantity at this point

Mel,
At least you will be there in spirit.

Sean,
I may go into Spider Lake on Saturday morning. I will probably hang out at Little Sluice then head back out before dark.
You should have a great time, even if it will be very crowded.

Yes, I moved from Roseville to Shingle Springs. Im looking to buy propperty in the area.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:27 PM
BugSheriff

Jeff, I'll keep an eye out for you. If you are there, I am sure I won't be able to miss you!...

Sean
Old 07-24-2002, 10:42 PM
Old Hand

Jeeplvr is an unknown quantity at this point

It must be nice living that close to the con?
I just got back from the Rubicon Scramble and had a blast. I honestly wouldn't want to fight the jamboree crowds anyway.
We had a good time on the Scramble. My jeep performed like a "Swiss watch" [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img], which I was very happy about [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.trailhed.com/rubicon02.html>My Rubicon Scramble Pics.</a>
Old 07-31-2002, 02:31 AM
BugSheriff

I had a great time last weekend even though it was very crowded. I was told that 420 jeeps drove in on Thursday (the day I went in) and another 200 or so came in on Friday. I was riding with my friend in his willys (a '47 I think). We rolled once but luckily I wasn't in the willys at the time. We were heading down the lost sluice when we encountered a huge rock. We got out and looked at it and I decided to stand outside while he tackled it. Well, he ended up rolling it and went over frontwards. The driver was okay, as was the willys, but it did take 3 different winches working at the same time to get it right side up. My clothes and sleeping bag ended up getting gear oil spilled on them so smelled a little funny the rest of the weekend...

Jeff, I saw a couple of vehicles with Tin Benders stickers on them but I didn't talk to them. We stayed in camp all weekend so we didn't make it to the little sluice on Saturday. Did you make it out there?

Sean
Old 08-05-2002, 09:35 AM
goose

we were going to go in an check out the run but were told the trail was closed for all but those who pay to attend?? What's up whit that?
Goose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement