OT What to do with empty beer kegs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2002, 10:11 AM
Veteran

BMB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT What to do with empty beer kegs

I have an empty beer keg and can get more on occasion. I'm thinking they have to be useful for something, small grill, techno lamp base? Give me some ideas. No, I don't want to trade them on full kegs. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BMB
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2002, 10:27 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

TiminMb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OT What to do with empty beer kegs

They are generally made of stainless steel. I've heard of guys making smokers out of them, if you can get someone to cut them for you. Maybe a sawsall will cut them? Nice cause they don't rust.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-2002, 10:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I seen one made into a gas tank on a hot rod.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:55 AM
Enthusiast

jeepsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw a pony keg used as a Nitrous tank on a hotrod truck once. Don't think I would suggest it however.
Old 05-23-2002, 11:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If all you did was pay the deposit, then turn the keg back in and get the deposit back. Kegs generally cost about 60 - 100 to replace (yes even for a big brewer) its kinda like taking towls from a hotel, yes people do it but all the business does is relay the replacement cost back into the charge for the next person.

BUT if you did aquire them legally, talk to some body that can weld stainless and turn it into a crab/brew/etc..etc.. pot like it was stated earlier they won't rust. Another option is if you can get a steady supply of them cheap, sell them to homebrewers (ie. E-bay,local) I know I keep a constant lookout for old half-kegs for my other addiction (homade beer).
This only applies to the new style straight sided half and full kegs, the only use I can think of for the old rounded bung hole kegs is cut it in half and make a BBQ pit out of it (they are easy to recognize, two taps in different spota and a wooden bung in the middle)

If I lived closer I would say I would buy a coupla off of ya, but the shipping on it would suck.

Any ways good luck.
here is a link on how to convert a keg to a kettle
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.homebrewsupply.com/buffalobill/page12.html>http://www.homebrewsupply.com/buffalobill/page12.html</a>

Tipper
Old 05-23-2002, 11:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

mbalbritton is an unknown quantity at this point

How about filling it back up so you can drink it again! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 11:11 AM
Way Outta Control

LEVE is on a distinguished road

1. Quit drinking.
2. Clear you head.
3. Ruminate.
4. The answer will come.
Old 05-23-2002, 11:36 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Pete88YJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Big seafood boiling pot, as long as there's no coating on it or anything that would be bad to eat from once heated by flame.

Might make a nice air tank for the garage -- how much pressure could you put into one of those things?

Might make a nice floating-dock barrel to support a boat dock. Maybe a little small for that, though???

ummm.....

Probably make a neat base for a coffee table? Patio table? Maybe a few together could make a cool chair??

Lots of cool stuff you could do with those.

Good luck,
Pete

Old 05-23-2002, 11:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

JeepnGreg is on a distinguished road

definatly cut it in half length wise , TIG weld some legs on it and make a grill!..... since beer and grill'n go together so darn well its a natural combination! leave part of the top on so everyone can tell what it is!!

Old 05-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

DanStew is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you could cut the in half and weld them in a 90 degree andgle and have some party chairs. Donate them to junkyard wars so they can make some more boat type contraptions out of them. Ho on top of a hill when there is a marathon and roll them down as the runners come up [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Cut them in half and make sleds out of them.
Get a big medicei ball and get more kegs and go supersize bowling. Endless fun with kegs. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.