Ramsey or Warn?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2002, 03:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Ramsey or Warn??

I'm going to buy a winch and am looking at Warn or Ramsey. Is there much difference between the two or are they both good?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2002, 03:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...
jamgood96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ramsey or Warn??

I'd go with Warn.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-24-2002, 03:37 PM

Dirt Dog is on a distinguished road

You're going to get a 75+% answer of warn.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:42 PM

Jim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud ofJim_Lou has much to be proud of

The Ramsey PTO winches are stronger than dirt. They'll pull a cable-breaking load all day and all night.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:55 PM

I was assuming the he was asking about electric winches that almost everyone buys and not the small percentage of PTO and hydrolic ones that are available.
Old 03-24-2002, 04:01 PM
ArkyCrawler

I have a Ramsey and haven't had any problems with it and it's saved my a%$ many times. If 75% of the board likes Warns whats the downside of the Ramseys?

Steve
Old 03-24-2002, 04:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

H8monday is an unknown quantity at this point

For a self recovery winch, I would take an electric over a hydraulic or PTO, any day of the week.
That being said, I have seen a dozen or more busted or failed Ramsey winches, I have only seen 2 Warns fail.
I would opt for the Warn 8274, over any Ramsey product.
Old 03-24-2002, 04:23 PM

I personally have seen 2 ramsey's fail and no warns. I also think that on a pound for pound rating a warn will win hands down by a large margin from what I've seen myself. But on the question of percentage that you asked.............
Tis question has been on the board plenty of times over the years and thats about the ratio I always see.
I have nothing against ramsey (and all of my winches at work are ramseys), but if you can afford the difference I would buy a warn. Also if it wasn't for US Winch ramsey wouldn't have any customer service at all. They are the company to deal with if you ever have a problem with your ramsey winch..........cause ramsey itself is useless if you ever need a part.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've sold Ramsey and own a Warn. I would say you cant go wrong with either. Buy whichever you can get a better deal on. If you want something that will out pull either of them, get a Mile Marker hydraulic.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats a very simple answer, WARN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.