Warn Winch used shoud I buy it? model # 5721 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Short Wheelbase

Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2002, 01:10 AM
Old Hand

tonyscj5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Warn Winch used shoud I buy it? model # 5721

A saw an add for this warn winch, I am looking for a winch for my CJ, so I thought this may be good. Let me know what you think, is this a good winch, is htis a good buy? does anyone have a picture?

Older style Warn winch, 8000 lb, model # 5721, spur gear type (motor above drum), manual brake and clutch, recent rebuilt one-way motor w/receipt, set up w/remote switch, 150' 5/16" cable, #1 battery cables, fairlead, excellent working condition, would like $400

79 CJ 5, 258, T18, 2.5" rancho lift, 1" shackles, 33" MT/Rs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2002, 07:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Warn Winch used shoud I buy it? model # 5721

Do a search. There was a guy asking about them a few weeks ago. Pontiac58 has one also. He posted a picture. They are ok winches, they are real old and don't have a reverse, you have to free-spool it out.

84CJ7 SOA,35's,OnboardAir,Dual winches,Full Cage,Snorkels, and more
OverMost 4WD Club
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-08-2002, 07:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Seems like a lot of coin for a winch that old with little features... power out. Unless you like antiques, or having something unique, I think your 400.00 could buy you a more modern winch with better features and better availabilty of parts if needed in the future. Just my .02

Old 03-08-2002, 07:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Seems like a lot of coin for a winch that old with little features... power out. Unless you like antiques, or having something unique, I think your 400.00 could buy you a more modern winch with better features and better availabilty of parts if needed in the future. Just my .02

Old 03-08-2002, 08:18 AM
Keyboard Implanted

pontiac58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont know where that number came from but it sounds like the warn Bellview winch. They are great winch. There fast, and will out pull just about any winch out there. But they do only power in. Other then my own stupid falt i havent had any problems with mine.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:35 PM
Old Hand

tonyscj5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I will keep looking.
anyone know of any cheap places to buy a warn, I was looking at the M8000.

thanks for the replies
tony

79 CJ 5, 258, T18, 2.5" rancho lift, 1" shackles, 33" MT/Rs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement