Max tire size on ZJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Mid-Sized

Jeep-Mid-Sized All discussion of mid-sized Jeeps: Cherokee, Grand Cherokee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2001, 11:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Max tire size on ZJ

I put the 4.5" RE lift on about a month ago and am wanting to get those little 31's offa there! Too much wheel well space! I know I can fit 32s with no problem at all....has anyone put 33s on a ZJ? What width? I have the ARB Bull Bar which opened up teh front well (used to rub in reverse only with 31s) and have a Trailready.com rear bumper coming to open up ther rear wheel well.

Thanks for any info...I am newer to building these rigs but have a nice CJ5 rockcrawler I built. Check it out at jeepn.com!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2001, 01:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Max tire size on ZJ

On stock rims you should be able to fit 33x10.5 with not much of a problem. BFG makes this size but only in AT, and Super Swamper makes this size also. You may have to fiddle with the bump stops, but it should work pretty well. Also, the Grand Cherokee forum at JeepsUnlimited.com has some pretty nice ZJ's even if all other forums make fun of JU.

1996 Cherokee
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-21-2001, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am running an aftermarket rim as well. Guess I should a mentioned that! NOt real wide but the back spacing a bit more so the tires come out a bit with the 31x10.50s. I like the way it looks, just need taller meats!

Thanks!

Gonz

Old 03-23-2001, 03:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm running 33.12.50x15's on 15x8 black rims and I have no trouble fitting them. I have the basic 3" Rusty's offroad lift. It cost me $320. Rusty told me his lift would be closer to 4.5 inches. I actually measure 5" of lift over stock and am running the 33's no prob.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement