Maint Req'd Reset for 94 Cherokee - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Mid-Sized

Jeep-Mid-Sized All discussion of mid-sized Jeeps: Cherokee, Grand Cherokee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2002, 12:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Maint Req\'d Reset for 94 Cherokee

Hey guys....Just got the Jeep...love it. Wanted to know how to reset the idiot light on the left side row of lights. I have a scanner, and software, but no info on the light. Thanks ahead of time!!

Ryno

94 Cherokee, 4.0 4WD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2002, 04:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

athlonaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Maint Req\'d Reset for 94 Cherokee

On my 89 the only way it would go off was to unplug the timer box under the dash, don't know if that's the same with your year though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Old Hand

Enjoyinglife121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rhino,
I could be very wrong, but I don't believe there is a way to reset the "check engine" light, assuming that is the specific light you are talking about. If this light is on, it (to my knowledge) indicates the PCM has sensed an issue with one or more of your sensors.

Someone please jump in and correct me, if I'm off-base on this?

Kent
Old 07-03-2002, 08:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

On all 1991 and up computers the dealer must reset the Maint required light. Or if you know someone who has a good scan tool they can reset it for you. 1987-1990 has a timer box you just un-plug or repace.
Old 07-04-2002, 12:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not sure if the "mileage" issue applies to the newer XJ's, but if the PCM senses a fault, then the Check Engine light will come on depending on the fault (usually an emissions related fault). If the fault is corrected and the PCM does not sense any more faults for some-large-number-of cycles (I think that's when th PCM samples the sensors) then it wil clear the light. Its not immediate, though. I'll have look up the number of cycles required.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sponsored Links
Advertisement