Symptoms of bad Crank Position Sensor? Thanks! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Jeep > Jeep-Mid-Sized

Jeep-Mid-Sized All discussion of mid-sized Jeeps: Cherokee, Grand Cherokee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2002, 04:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Symptoms of bad Crank Position Sensor? Thanks!

Could anyone take the time to repeat (I'm sure) the symptoms of a bad CPS. Also, where exactly is it located and how do I get to it?

Chiltons only says the flywheel and gives no general overview.

My symptons are all of a sudden poor starts (cranking good like before) and after it's turned off on occasion it will not restart but good cranking).

Anybody have experience with the CAMSHAFT Position Sensor (CMP) Dealer doesn't even list it.

Thanks, Steve
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2002, 05:01 PM
Veteran

mudchucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Symptoms of bad Crank Position Sensor? Thanks!

Is this the sensor you are refering to ?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cherokee/xjtech/engine/40ltr/tdcsensor.html>http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cherokee/xjtech/engine/40ltr/tdcsensor.html</a>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:37 PM
Addict

JeepCrazyKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Symptoms of bad Crank Position Sensor? Thanks!

The symptom I experienced was, I would cruising down the highway at 55 mph and suddenly the RPMs would drop to zero for a second or two and then go right back to normal. Happen twice about two weeks apart and then the third time it was dead for good.

Chiltons (I assume you have the 84-98 cherokee manual) shows you the locations of all the drivability/emission components on a separate page, 4-31 or 4-32 in that manual.

camshaft position sensor is located in the distributor. never had a problem with that.

It's been two years, but i don't even think the engine will crank if it doesn't receive a crankshaft position sensor input.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default YOU GUYS ARE FANTASTIC! THANKS!

Old 04-02-2002, 05:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default YOU GUYS ARE FANTASTIC! THANKS!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement