New here, and looking for some help. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Lounge Still Jeepers, but not vehicle-specific. Good place to share your general mechanical tips, OT stuff.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

New here, and looking for some help.

Hi, names Matty. I'm new to your site here, took a quick look for an introduction thread, but didn't find one. I belong to a few small clubs, county4x4.com, badthumper.com, dentmyride.ca, and a few others and go by the handle Wrangler.

Anyways, I'm from Canada, love offroading with my 6 year old Son. He's nuts about the jeep. I have an 88 YJ, whic I've ripped down to the frame and put back together 3 times now beause of driving it too hard. LOL I have 10 1/2" of lift, on 33" Goodyear Wranglers. I call it my "Bad Habit"! I put the motor from my 87 YJ in it as it was a stringer motor. Rebuilt the top end as I ended up blowing a couple valve springs, and bent some rods. Valves weren't seating properly either. With that being done, I then decided to rip out all the electrical, and the POS computer, and install one of GM's H.E.I. systems, as I've heard it is a great swap for the jeep, and easy to do. (once you figure out which 20 out of like 350 to keep LOL)
Now came the problem........... I cut apart my intake manifold, and used an aluminum skid plate off a Chevy Cavalier to make a new carb mount. I put a 1985 Quadrajet on it as they are the poor man's fuel injection (and being screwed over a couple times hasn't helped other than now I know that marriage is expensive after it's over too! LOL). Seemed to run great, but when the drive test came, the electric choke fouled up. I replaced with a manual choke. Now, I can't get it to run and drive without the mixture screws being at least 6 turns out, and it runs like crap and won't run without the choke part way on.
So I guess my question is:
Where do I find what size jeets and needles I need for a 4.2L 258 inline 6? I've googled and can't find anything on what size I need for this. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks.
Matty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 05:49 AM

Welcome to the board Matty! As you can see we've been hit hard by some dedicated spammers. So far I've been unable to completely get rid of their junk, so your post will be way down the list. I suggest that you re-post it, and also come over the the short wheelbase board. It's most active, and where we specialize in CJs, YJs, TJs and XJs.

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode