Liberty has no speedometer sensor no help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Doug N

Liberty has no speedometer sensor no help

Hi,
I have a 2002 liberty, the speedo is dead. I get the code p0500 for no speed sensor signal. I replaced the input and output speed sensors on the transmission. No help. I checked the wiring from the sensors to the TCM and they are fine, not open or shorted. I signed up for ALLDATA and found the troubleshooting for it and checked the wires from the PCM to the BCM as it said and they were fine. Then it said to check the voltage at the PCM c3 pin 17 and is it more than 4.8v and if so find the short to voltage in the speed sensor circuit. It is 9.2v, but I can not find where the short may be coming from? As I said I checked the wiring from the sensors to the TCM, and from the PCM to BCM. I did an actuator test on the instrument cluster, it tested fine. The voltage is present at the pin even with the junction blocks disconnected from the BCM and the c2 connector disconnected from the BCM leaving just the c1 connector on the BCM. Could the short be in the BCM? And if so, wouldn't the BCM see that? Thanks for any help, not sure where to check next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Can't Get Enough

p-0500

p-0500 just means there is a dtc in the tranny controller. I would make certain that the bcm is properly programmed with the "ring and pinion" factor. Also check to see any dtc's in both the tcm and bcm. Whenever the bcm is replaced of flashed updated, the ring and pinion factor must also be re-programmed. If the tranny controller dosn't know the tire size and axle ratio, it can't figure out vehicle speed.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Stranger

no speedo repair

My speedo went out on my o2. searched net and found that the speed sensor wire on the rear diff rubs against another line and cuts the wire.

It is located on top of your diff unplug it and check the wires. If cut ,repair it.
Worked for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:29 AM
ema
Apprentice

Yeah, most of the time, it's the faulty wirings which cause all the trouble. Better check that one out. If it's not, try replacing your speed sensor already.

Last edited by ema; 02-19-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode