Anyone driving a CRD Libby - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Anyone driving a CRD Libby

Any one driving a CRD, what are your likes and dislikes and general thoughts on the CRD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 06:14 PM
cawcaw

Re: Anyone driving a CRD Libby

Yes I have a CRD. Well so far it is doing awsome. Have had it in the shop a few times. Had to replace a torque Converter and EGR Valve. Have had it for about 8 months. Alomost 30000 miles. Not really a dislike but at nite when you floor it or accel somewhat hard you leave a huge cloud of black smoke. And have even had a person follow me and when i stopped they said i am burning alot of oil. And i was like no this is a desiel. Alot of people tell you that the pump you are at is a desiel only. And alot of people are very surprised it is a desiel. Cant here the desiel. Only when acceled hard you can tell it is a desiel. And after like 13000 miles had to put on new tires. You could barely give it gas around coner with out the tires squeling. Also in rain with the old tires i would pull out of parking lot and end up doing 180 and look head on at the oncoming traffic. But new tires stopped all that. Great gas mileage. 28 hwy and 16 18 city depends. The exhaust does not smell like a regular desiel. I love it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Can't Get Enough

What tires did it come with from the factory?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 06:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I used to have that same tire spinning problem with my pickup. New tires didn't fix it, I finaly discovered if i drove it like I had some sense it would go down the road much better...

On a serious note. I am concidering one of these for my wife. I am disapointed to find the somewhat major repairs so soon, At least it was waranteed.

We will want to run b100 in it. I have heard Jeep will only state it is good to b20. Any info on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode