Off Roading Forums banner

Installing a lift

2K views 5 replies 0 participants last post by  K20 
G
#1 ·
Hey all, one of my friends has a 02 jeep liberty and he wants me to put a 2.5" lift on it. The ones with the spacers and all. Anyway, ive done/helped with a couple lifts on SFA trucks but not on IFS. This will be first for anthing with IFS, what all is involved what all will be needed etc? I dont wanna take it apart, find i cant force it back together, and then have to have him get it towed somewhere to get it put back together
. Hes wantin me to do it, cuz he dont wanna spend the bucks to get it installed, cause he got a quote of like $800 to install it. So any tips on whether i should even do it or not are appreciated.

See less See more
G
#2 ·
depends on what type of lift you're gonna install. The front puck type requires the use of a heavy duty wall mounted spring compressor to compress the springs so you can disassemble the strut to put the puc in. The 1.5" OTT type spacer (which gives about 2.5" of lift due to suspension geometry) can be installed in your driveway. The rear pucs are also easily installed.

G
#5 ·
top heavy, need to cut another 1/2 inch off the stock hieght. When finished the kj will not need a lowering kit because it will already be dragging the asphalt. Took on the rubicon, but the parking lot speed bumps proved to much to handle.
Sorry about the unfortunate demise of your friends jeep, hope he gets another with the insurance money.

G
#6 ·
yeh nice signature now lol, anyway. He was in the mountains, and had just stopped and got a tank of gas at BP (1st mistake never buy car stuff from brits......look at track record) anyway, he was going down the mountain, and the engine proceeded to run rough, and he said w/in a few secs it just plain cut off. W/ no motor, he had no power brakes or power steering. Went off the side of the road, still fightin it, went down a hilland tried to turn hard to avoid head on w/ a tree, and rolled it twice. Ended up on his roof, against the tree. We'll see what he ends up getting, from everything he told me, it sounds VERY much like he might have topped off w/ diesel. But it could just of been a heckuva lotta trash in the gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.