1964 Jeep J-300 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 12:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1964 Jeep J-300

I just got me a 1964 Jeep J-300 pick up from out of a field that it has been sitting in for 8 years! Everything is in decent shape for the most part... and it was FREE! I was wondering if it would be worth it to get it road worthy or just use it for a mud truck? It really wouldnt take all that much to get it on the road...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11-490803-J300.jpg (47.2 KB, 26 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1964 Jeep J-300

If you want to get it roadworthy enough to cruise around town or run chores, then sure it's worth it. Depends on how much cash you want to sink into it. The motor should be the Tornado 230 six. I've had a '64 for just over a year now and the only major mechanical thing I had is a bad rear axle seal. The engine hasn't given me any trouble so far, except that it leaks and burns oil; common with these engine I've been told. A newer style umbrella-type valve stem deflector will cure the oil consumption. I haven't tried it yet but some 230 owners say it works. Keep us posted on the "resurrection".

Chris

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 04:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the advice!!! It has been a little hot to work on it here recently in Ohio, but as soon as it cools down and I get some free time I will mainly just work on getting it running! The engine runs like a raped ape but there is alot of stuff that needs done to it before it will move! There has been some people that tell me to fix it up and make it road worthy but others who just want me to mud run it... So I still have not decided what to do with it. It would be nice to have a truck that I can run around in but also it would be fun just to mess around in it! There is a big tree mark in the passenger finder/door from the previous owner, and the bed/floor boards are rusted out.... I can get new bed halfs from JC Whitteny for $63 each! I will work on getting more pics of it.... Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 04:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

you lucky son of a gun! that truck looks great! I am trying to find the rear half of one of those j3000's to make a matching trailer for my 79 cherokee! great find and good luck!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 07:17 PM

Smile Jeepers Creepers

That gold nugget is definetly a keeper, & won't take much to dresser. Let us know how you make out, definetly too pretty for the MUD ! "Autorock" is a GOOD place to start, for parts.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Addict

Welcome to the site, but check dates. You just posted to a 9 year old thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode