Wagoneer D44 rear disc brake????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Wagoneer D44 rear disc brake?????

Just wondering what i needed to swapp disc brakes on a mid 80's D44. Just swapped the axles on my YJ. The original drum brakes are trashed. I will need to replace everthing, drums, cylinder, lines, shoes and hardware. So i'm considering disc conversion if cost might be about the same.

Any advice would be great. thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 07:01 AM
bigslik823

Re: Wagoneer D44 rear disc brake?????

you will need front rotors off from mid 80's chevy half ton front rotors 6 bolt along with front brake calipers, you will also need to either fab yourself or buy a plate to bolt calipers too which will bolt or weld to axle, and of course some new braided brake hose. There are a number of after market kits available but way too pricey. do alittle more research you can do it for about $200 or less with a little elbow grease. Ron
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Stranger

I just did a conversion on a rear 44 out of a wagoneer using 1994 Isuzu Rodeo ends. they also use a dana 44 utilizing the same bearings and seals as Jeep. paid $45 at a local u pull rotor to rotor pulled off what i needed and sold the 4:11 gear set on ebay for $50 so i made $5 on the swap. A detailed explanation can be seen at 401 CJ7 JEEP BUILDUP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:20 PM
ema
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1XJowner View Post
Just wondering what i needed to swapp disc brakes on a mid 80's D44. Just swapped the axles on my YJ. The original drum brakes are trashed. I will need to replace everthing, drums, cylinder, lines, shoes and hardware. So i'm considering disc conversion if cost might be about the same.

Any advice would be great. thank you
You might try considering this brake disc replacement if you are to proceed with your planned conversion. I hope we can here updates about your project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode