Help ! Rodeo / Passport Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Isuzu Honda

Isuzu Honda Discussion of all Isuzu, off-road vehicles and clones (Honda).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2000, 01:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Help ! Rodeo / Passport Lift

Hi,

I live in Aspen, Colorado and I own a 95 Honda Passport(95 Isuzu Rodeo), and I would like to upgrade my SUV to offroad standards. I have been to the ORC Isuzu hompage and I have checked out project wombat, the feature trucks, and have been to the CALMINI site as well. Since you have a rodeo and have already been down the garden path I am writing to you for some advice about making my project happen.

What I would like to do:

Project DingBat(for obvious financial reasons)

3" Calmini Suspension Lift
32 X 11.50 Bridgestone Dueler MT's on 8" Rims
Calmini Steering stabilizer
Wilderness Rack/w accessories
factory bush bar

Is this a sufficient start or will I not have enough lift?
Should I add a 3" shackle lift kit? Or more?

I would appreciate some feedback.

Keith Callow
don_ovan@hotmail.com

PS: Are there any Isuzu 4X4 offroad clubs in my area?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2000, 07:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Help ! Rodeo / Passport Lift

Sound like a good plan. I was thinking about the same lift for my 95 Rodeo. Currently I have no lift and 265/75-15 tires in the rear(was too poor to buy the whole set at the time, about to buy the other 2 now) which converts to approx 31.5 X 10.5 - 15 and I they fit ok in the rear(looks like its stuffed in but no rubbing yet, but I haven't done any hard wheeling). I was planning to crank up the torsion bars and get the longer shackles. Anyway, my point is that you should have no problem with those tires and lift...

73' Commando
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-2001, 12:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Help ! Rodeo / Passport Lift

I have a 1994 3.2 v6 rodeo that came with the big tire option. I installed the calmini lift kit. It was easy to install but could not solve a drive shaft vibration problem even by shimming. I solved the problem by taking out the two piece rear drive shaft and going with a custom made heavy duty 4x4 one peice shaft. I had to have the crossmember that held the two peice shaft center bearing cut out and reversed. I also went to the superwinch manual front hubs and run 285x75x16 on the original 16x7.5 inch aluminum rims which converts to 32.8inch by 11.2 with no problems. It now drives and wheels like a 4x4 truck, not the fancy garbage 4x4 stationwagon it was stock. I would recommend this custom approach to all

Sponsored Links
Advertisement