decoding VIN - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > IH Scout & Trucks

IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2005, 06:28 PM
gmiles

Default decoding VIN

I need some help. I don't know much about IH and am trying to identify a vehicle by a partial VIN. I was called to identify an IH at a tow yard. There was a data tag that said it was a 68 Scout 800, but the VIN didn't match the confidential VIN. The secondary is only a partial and I don't know the breakdown for IH VINS (I'm a Ford guy).
The IH is a full metal top, no rear seat, 4X4, manual transmission with a V8. The valve covers say "INTERNATIONAL" on them. The data plates were found in the cab and weren't riveted to the body. The truck was obviously pieced together from a couple of different IH's. The front axle had tiny coil springs along with leaf springs.
THE PARTIAL VIN WAS G390654

If I can't identify the IH and "build" the true VIN from the physical build of the car, then it has to be blue tagged by the CHP which hurts it's value or it gets junked which hurts the hobby/obsession. I am a hard core car guy and don't like to junk older, sought after vehicles. Any help would be great. Email me with any info please. And yes, I tried a search.

G Miles
gmiles@lasd.org
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement