Off Roading Forums banner

My 72' c/10-i'm out of ideas

12K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mudhead 
#1 ·
I have a 1972 C/10 4X4 that my "Papa" bought new in 72', I put new General tire grabbers and Interco bird dog bead lock rims. I also got a 6 inch Tuff country lift kit and Detroit lockers front and rear. I have also repaired both axels and I rebuilt the motor and the trans. Now I can't think of anything else to do, any ideas?

#8 ·
If it were mine I'd mod the lift springs to only give about 2-3"s of lift. I'd probly run 62" springs in the rear for no lift. The run a off road design shackle reversal kit. Next would be invest in a good,Sawzall and grinder and fit some 38" rubber. Then next would be a crossover or high steer be cease I'd soon realize I can't steer that big rubber in offroad situations.
I'd probably disc brake the rear to when I was bored ohhh wait I'd toss a,Dana 60 front and 14ff in the rear first.

The list of things,I'd do to that truck is,endless. If all it is is,a,pavement pounder then maybe a monza tips on the menu.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.