M1009 CUCV K5 Bazer '84 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Journeyman

stumblefoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default M1009 CUCV K5 Bazer \'84

Just got a 84 K5 Military Cucv M1009 6.2 diesel TH400 NP 208 GM corporare 10 bolt axles 3.08 ratio rear has Gov-Loc 31X10.50 15in tires. 12 & 24 volt systems, Need a good source for parts, like drivers door, dash pad, and would like tome gauges, oil press and temp to replace the idiot lights. Also does anyone make an aftermaket dash panel for these mine is cracked and pretty plain. Fuel gauge doesnt work, but I'll work thru that. Truck runs good, plenty of power. 4X4 works good. Any info would be appreciated. Went back thru about 6 months of posts, good info.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2006, 03:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: M1009 CUCV K5 Bazer \'84

eBay has a few Original GM dashes, as well as aftermarket ones. Otherwise www.lmctruck.com has a Blazer catalog, or www.chevyduty.com as well. Even go to the dealership for things like guages and what-not. If you've got a good parts manager you'll find most parts are still available.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Old Hand

MouseMotor is an unknown quantity at this point

summit racing.

i get tons of stuff from them for all my projects. they have a real good tech line.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Journeyman

Thanks GMCK2500 I'll check them out. I have discovered something comming down the inside of the firewall behind the master cylinder, I thought it was brake fluid, but I think maybe its power steering fluid. For some reason the power steering lines run into something behind the master cylinder. I've ordered the CD with all the manuals, but it isnt here yet. Anybody got an idea?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
heynowjoey

i was just reading about that power steering thing, its some kinda hydro assit for something. possabley brakes, i forget i think i read it in petersens.

There are a few companies taht make new dashes for custon stuff, they do get pricy, i got one for my camaro and it was 799 with Autometer gauges
Old 04-03-2006, 09:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Oh hell, yes it's for brakes. I had a nice post written up answering that for you, but when I submitted it, it was lost. Smetimes I dislike the changes they've made around here. Instead of using vacuum supplied from the engine to provide boost in the brakes, it uses hydraulic pressure from the power steering pump. You've got to have another accessory (vacuum pump) on a diesel for a normal vacuum booster to work.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:06 PM
heynowjoey

sweet i was right!

hahaha
Old 06-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Journeyman

yes it is a hydo boost, found one at NAPA, not too hard to replace. After doing some research, the hydro boost is used in alot of vehicles as an aftermarket brake boost. It uses the hydraulic pressure of the power steering to assist the master cylinder.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:03 PM

alaskalogger34 is on a distinguished road

hey guys my m1009 is a beast off road but living in alaska has its price. where can I find parts that are easily shippable to ketchikan alaska we only have a napa and they cant get alot of stuff for an 85 k5 m1009 6.2 diesle. like injector lines new leaf springs fender door that stuff.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:26 PM

alaskalogger34 is on a distinguished road

Hey one more thing ! I see your all from back east or down south thats not so convienient for alaska.
Is there a parts place closer or even a parts rig I could buy for what I need.

By the way I was in a head on crash at 50mph and drove away the othe car had to be put on a flatbed and hauled off . Me and my kids were finr and he was airlifted to seattle.
I didnt even have a seatbelt that fit and he was wearing his. The accident was his fault and i felt bad for him but at the same time was AMAZED!!!!, how well the m1009 could take that sorta punishment and drive away. The crash didnt even knock off my alignment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement