Spray-In Bed Liner in my Suburban - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Can't Get Enough

c_rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spray-In Bed Liner in my Suburban

I'm seriously considering pulling the carpet and spraying the entire floor of my 89 Suburban with Rhino-liner, or something similar.
I know it is durable, but does anybody know if it will do anything for the insulation? I mean, will it be louder and hotter inside?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2003, 03:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sparty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spray-In Bed Liner in my Suburban

much quieter.....it dampens the vibration. not sure about temperature though

--also look on the IFS board. there is a thread with lots of info on this entitled Rhino liner / Line-X
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-09-2003, 04:26 PM
LowGearMonster

That spraying Rhino liner in yer whole Burban sounds like a good idea. I don't think it insulates. I think in order for something to insulate, it would need to be a lot less dense. But who knows, I'm probably wrong. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 01:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing the same to my 78 K20... Does it block out road noise very well? Is it cheap looking?
Old 01-10-2003, 06:24 AM
LowGearMonster

Nah, Rhino liner looks slick and uniform and is tough as nails. I would think it would block a lot of road noise since it's real thick and not a dense as metal.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Sparty is an unknown quantity at this point

again it dampens all of the vibration, causing it to be much quieter. once applied it is approx. 1/4" thick. call rhino liner, they will mail you a sample of the material and a letter to get $25 off when you get it done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement